Isn’t it amazing when designers take something so classic and turn it into a work of art? The latest arrivals at Ice do just that. Taking beautiful yet simple white button pearls and pair them with organic designs made from yellow gold plated sterling silver.
These new pearl pieces bring a fun, fresh twist to your beloved pearls. Half of this new collection features pieces with an intertwined design strewn with pearls (pictured below). Nature lovers will love the organic design of the brushed gold finish on these intricate pieces. I love that these pieces are classic meets modern but yet they look timeless that will be enjoyed for many more years to come.
One of the biggest jewelry trends of 2013 is jewelry with “hammered” or textured metals. Nobody can deny we’re all lovers of sleek fine jewelry but it’s fun to mix it up a bit with an edgier look. The hammered look is exactly what it sounds like, the metal is delicately hammered to create grooves in the metal like you see in the yellow gold Amethyst ring pictured right. This technique adds an earthy matte feel to the jewelry that fits so nicely with Fall & Winter wardrobe.
Another organic feeling jewelry design is having the metal textured with what looks like being rubbed with sandpaper like in this Rose Quartz Ring below. The Valencia Collection has a wide variety of colorful gemstone earrings, bracelets & necklaces all set in this style of textured gold metal.
What do you think of hammered or textured jewelry? Would you wear it or you prefer traditional sleek and shiny jewelry?
It’s no secret that black is the most flattering color to drape yourself with in any season and at any event. If done right, black could be incredibly sexy, very professional or extremely dramatic. It’s so versatile but at the same time, it’s often seen as the ‘safe’ option or boring. The easiest way to spruce up your all-black look is to add yellow gold details and jewelry.
We’ve been seeing black & yellow gold paired together everywhere! It’s a HUGE trend right now but will always remain classic. Kate Hudson (pictured right) wore a gorgeous black and gold detail gown at the Golden Globes this past weekend. We’ve mentioned the comeback of yellow gold is really big right now but we think it looks it’s absolute best paired with crisp black clothing.
When wearing an all black ensemble I highly recommend sporting some yellow gold Vita Fede pieces for an ultra-chic look. If wearing all black is not your thing you can also pull off this look with Black & Yellow jewelry paired with more colorful tones or neutrals. These Charles Albert yellow gold pieces featuring black Obsidian, Orthoceras and Trilobite Fossil would look fantastic! A thick cuff yellow gold bracelet will do wonders for any outfit.
Have you been pairing black and gold? Tell us your favorite way to sport this look.
Allow me to introduce to you an amazing jewelry designer, Rachel Reinhardt. Learning from her mother, Rachel has been approaching the world of fashion with a fresh eye. Rachel’s jewelry pieces are bold statement pieces yet they have such a classic feel to them that makes them perfect to wear daily.
The handmade in USA collection is filled with yellow gold and contrasting gunmetal and silver. These fierce metals are mixed with a variety of earth-toned stones such as pyrite, labradorite and onyx. These retro-inspired pieces come in very on-trend designs such as collar and bib necklaces as well as fringe pieces. I love the movement of wearing these pieces. They give a dramatic look without being uncomfortable.
Rachel Reinhardt’s designs have been seen in Glamour and In Style magazines and are now officially available at Ice.
Fall always gets a bad wrap because it triggers that back to school feeling, end of Summer and the beginning of cold weather. But I have to say, it’s one of my favorite seasons. It’s beautiful and the fashion is always amazing! I want to share with you five jewelry trends that are hot for this Fall.
1. Gold – I’ve written previously about how yellow gold jewelry is very ‘in’ right now and I will repeat myself. Put on your yellow gold! It’s classic, it’s versatile and it’s very chic right now. If yellow gold really isn’t your thing then try out rose (pink) gold jewelry. It goes well with many skin tones and outfits. So ladies, leave the white gold & silver aside this year and strut around in yellow & rose gold.
2. Statement Pieces – Go big or go home this Fall! It’s no time to be shy with your baubles. In the necklaces department you’ve got bib necklaces, large pendants and chokers to stand out in. Chandelier earrings are big, beautiful and very feminine.
3. Layer Your Jewels – Layering bracelets is a must! I’m all for stacking bangles to make a bold statement. It’s a fun look that really grabs attention. But layering doesn’t have to end there…experiment with layering necklaces. Long and short pendants paired together. Big statement pieces paired with simple pendants. Play around with different looks to find the style that suits you best.
5. Nature Inspired Jewelry – Nature-toned colors are always popular in Fall such as orange, brown and green. You can show off these colors with beautiful gemstones such as carnelian, smoky quartz and drusy jewelry. Add some leaf, feather and floral designs in your jewelry for a nature inspired look.
There you have it! These are some of favorite jewelry trends we’ll be rocking this Fall. Which of these will you be wearing?
At last night’s Screen Actor’s Guild Awards we noticed yellow gold accents everywhere! It’s no nice to see since white gold and silver has left it’s yellow alternative hanging in the background with most recent jewelry styles. It’s time for it to shine again and here are some of our favorite looks from last night proving that yellow gold is back.
1. Viola Davis – The actress won the Leading Female Actor award for her role in “The Help”. She glowed on stage as she gave her inspirational acceptance speech in a white Marchesa. The strapless Grecian style gown with gold detail was accessorized with a lace design bangle very similar to this filigree design ring. More gold was seen in her dangling earrings that showed off beautifully with her hairdo.
2. Emma Stone – Viola’s “The Help” co-star also showed off some golden accents in her long drop earrings and her knuckle clutch. Her gown was a tea length Alexandre McQueen in black lace. Gold jewelry compliments her amber hair beautifully.
3. Angelina Jolie (pictured right) – The actress was also in black and gold with her long draped gown by Jenny Packham. She accessorized the shiny black dress with large gold hoops with black accents and a gold bangle bracelet.
4. Giuliana Rancic – After undergoing a double mastectomy just last month, this E! TV Presenter is already back to work and looking fabulous. Unlike the rest of the women on this list, Giuliana paired gold with a bright red gown making a dramatic look. A statement gold necklace grabbed our attention and was paired with a skinny gold belt for a little added flare.
5. Kyra Sedgwick – Another stunner in red paired this fiery look with yellow gold jewelry. Kyra got lots of attention for showing off her new tattoo peeking through her cut-out Emilio Pucci gown. All her jewelry was yellow gold but we had our eyes on her gold bracelets.
What were your favorite looks at this year’s Screen Actor’s Guild Awards?
The Twilight Saga, either you love it or you hate. There’s been much hype over the movie, as with all of them and Twi-hards are eagerly awaiting the premiere this Friday. Earlier this week, the Hollywood premiere of the movie was held and the stars of the movie looked amazing on the red black carpet.
There was sequins and sparkly embellishments on many of the women in the cast. Kristen Stewart aka Bella Swan, looked mature in her long purple J. Mendel gown with a thigh high split. All the ladies in the Cullen clan where dressed to impress wearing long gowns. Ashley Greene pulled off the vamp-look with a stunning red Donna Karen dress with matching lips and nails. She opted for a black & gold ring that broke up the all-red ensemble.
One of my favorite looks of the night was by Nikki Reed (pictured right). She wore a Grecian Marchesa gown in a fabulous minty green accented with gold sequins. I loved her long drop earrings featuring an array of earth-tone colored gemstones.
Are you planning on seeing the new Twilight movie?
One of the movies I’ve been excited to see is Friends With Benefits staring the stunning Mila Kunis and the gorgeous Justin Timberlake. Remember when we saw them present an award at the Oscars together? During our Oscar Twitter Party so many of you tweeted that those two should hurry up and get together – they would make such a gorgeous couple! Anyways…back on track…the movie comes out this Friday but the New York premiere was Monday night with all the movie’s stars walking the red carpet.
The color red was the highlight of the night worn by Mila Kunis, the hilarious and adorable Emma Stone and the Entourage’s Emmanuelle Chriqui. Both Mila and Emma opted to pairing the vibrant color with yellow gold jewelry. This really compliments the color red nicely for a subtle classy look. Mila also accessorized with long dangle earrings and kept her neck bare to not over do it. If you’re looking to grab more attention go with white gold or silver like Emmanuelle did by stacked silver bangles.
I have to come clean. I can’t hide it any longer. I have a bad, bad case of Spring Fever! We’ve had a couple of 60 degree, sunny days and I am completely ready to bring out the sandals and shorts! I’m getting way ahead of myself because spring doesn’t really start for another week or so. In some parts of the country there’s still a ton of snow on the ground. Well, just because it’s not quite yet spring officially, doesn’t mean that you can be ready for the warmer weather when it comes to your neighborhood.
Year after year one of the hottest trends for spring is floral inspired looks. This is kind of a no-brainer since flowers are out everywhere at springtime. To be honest, I generally think floral jewelry is for two kinds of females – older women and young girls. However, let me be the first to say that I have been proven wrong (yet again) with this sophisticated and chic flower ring. First of all, it’s just $65. This is a great price for a seasonal piece of quality jewelry. Uniquely elegant, this delicately crafted ring combines contrasting tones of precious metal. That means you can wear it with white and yellow gold, platinum, or silver jewelry – very versatile! A graceful floral design is gorgeously rendered in sterling silver and yellow gold. It’s even kinda sexy!
You don’t even have to give a second thought to, “what earrings will I wear with this ring?” That’s because this ring comes has a matching pair of sterling silver and yellow gold floral earrings. Just like the ring, these striking earrings are unique and very stylish. Delicate floral two-tone silver and gold earrings are a gorgeous combination for any outfit.
Together the ring and earrings combine to create a perfect spring look.