Now that Spring has officially sprung that means wedding season is kicking off. This is the busiest time for brides to take care of all the last minute details for their wedding and thankfully they have their trusty bridesmaids by her side to help. As a gesture of your appreciation you should always give a gift to say thank you to your favorite gals.
Jewelry is the perfect gift idea since it saves them the trouble of finding jewelry to wear on your wedding day. Here are some of my favorite ideas.
1. Statement Earrings: The most popular bridesmaid dresses are usually strapless leaving exposed shoulders to either do a fabulous pair of statement earrings or a great necklace. Not both together, that would be overkill. If you decide to go the earrings route, chandelier earrings and drop earrings are my pick for a fabulous gift idea.
2. Color-coordinated gemstones to match the color of their dress is always a fantastic idea. Popular bridesmaid dress colors for 2013 are purple (pair with an Amethyst stone), pink (Pink Sapphire) and blue (Blue Topaz, or Aquamarine). With the huge variety of colorful gemstone jewelry, you can always find something to match whichever color your bridesmaids will be draped in.
3. Initial Pendants are a nice personal gift. We have some beautiful diamond encrusted initial pendants in cursive writing which makes them much more elegant.
4. Bangles will put a smile on any bridesmaid’s face. It’s a safe & easy gift that almost all women love. Many bangle designs can be very glamorous, perfect for evening wear on your wedding day.
5. Cocktail Rings are always a huge hit at a glamorous event such as a wedding. On the night of your wedded bliss let your favorite ladies shine with a statement sparkler on her finger too. You can’t be the only one sporting a big rock on your hand. There are lots of different styles and gemstones to choose from to fit perfectly which each bridesmaid’s individual style.
What was the best bridesmaid gift you ever received?
Wedding season is here! With the hilarious new movie Bridesmaids in theaters, it got me thinking of when I’ve been a bridesmaid in the past few years. It really is an honor to be chosen and a lot of fun. I personally love planning bridal events and all that hoopla so it’s such a joy for me but it is a LOT or work. So as a bridesmaid it’s always nice to get a little gift from the bride and groom to say thanks for being a part of their special day.
As my thank you gifts, I’ve always received jewelry and was thrilled with every item. Weddings are of course expensive and you want to show your wedding party that you care within a reasonable price range. Here are five jewelry bridesmaids gifts that would be perfect for your favorite ladies that won’t cost you a fortune.
1. Bangle Bracelets: I may be biased since I bought these in every color but I absolutely LOVE these CZ bangles! They make a gorgeous gift and they only cost $85 each. So depending on your budget you can get them also in Silver or Yellow & Pink Rhodium. Plus for that price you can also get the matching earrings for only $50 in Silver, Yellow or Pink too.
2. Pearls: Yes they are classic, timeless pieces. We’ve heard it all before. So why not get them for your bridesmaids? She doesn’t need to wear them on your wedding day (she can if she wants) but she would really appreciate having them in her collection to dress up a casual outfit or to sophisticate a dressier ensemble. There is a great set of a Pearl necklace & matching earrings on Ice.com for only $95.
4. Colorful pendants – Sometimes bridesmaid dresses have very intricate designs and most often come in an array of colors. A nice touch would be to add a simple colorful pendant that matches the dress like these Citrine and Garnet pendants. There’s also matching earrings.
5. Get personal! A great gift idea is getting personalized jewelry with your bridesmaid’s names on a silver or gold pendant. Or you can also get something with their birthstone or zodiac sign.
There you have it! Some inexpensive gift ideas that will make your bridesmaids forgive you for all the bridezilla moments over the last few months.
What’s your favorite bridesmaid gift you’ve received?
Actress Reese Witherspoon married Talent Agent Jim Toth this past weekend. Witherspoon is one of Hollywood’s most lovably actresses & a favorite of ours, so we are thrilled to hear about her second chance of love. We wish them all the best but right now we are dying to see photos of the dress and jewels! We’ve searched the interwebs and haven’t found any exclusive pics to share with you yet but we’re on the prowl.😉
What we do know about the wedding so far is:
The bride wore a PINK gown designed by Monique Lhuillier. Wasn’t expecting that curve ball. She later changed into a short white cocktail dress for the reception.
Her gown was paired with satin platform Jimmy Choo shoes.
The wedding was held on her ranch in front of 120 family members
Celeb guests included Renee Zellweger, Alyssa Milano & Robert Downey Jr and many other A-listers.
We really do wish Reese and her hubby all the best. We’ve loved her since way back when she was a teeny bopper stealing Marky Mark Wahlberg’s heart in the movie Fear. What are your favorite Reese Witherspoon movies?
Celeb Gossip Alert: Scarlet Johansson showed up at the wedding with Sean Penn! Didn’t see that coming. Love his acting, just not sure how we feel about this new relationship yet.
Valentine’s Day is a classic day for wedding proposals. Did you get engaged this Valentine’s Day? If so, congratulations! You’ll have so much planning to do and things to think about. Let me help you lessen the stress by making a few jewelry recommendations for the big day.
A consistently elegant choice, a diamond-encrusted band is extremely impressive without making the wearer appear to be a showoff. Your clothes might match this sentiment, with tiny details and low-key designers making the outfit, like a TSE dress matched up with traditional diamond studs, an ageless Bottega Veneta bag, subtle Bvlgari sunglasses, and topped off with a whisper of Chanel perfume.
Who needs one best friend when you can have at least three? If you prefer multi-stone engagement rings, chances are youâ€™re into wearing flashy pieces on other parts of your body, too. When going out, you might favor a Betsey Johnson dress worn with Tory Burch wedges and a metallic bag to get yourself noticed, and colorful stones like a pair of emerald earrings or a garnet necklace add zing to your look.
Marquis (or marquise) cuts are wonderful because their shape often makes the diamond look larger than it actually is. The savvy woman who decides on this cut might make equally as calculated choices in her wardrobe, choosing pieces for their ability to tastefully and conservatively flatter, like a Theory dress paired with pearl earrings and Stuart Weitzman heels, matched with a pashmina and a suede clutch.
No matter what your style, there’s a wedding ring out there that will match the perfection of your special day.