One of the most popular times of the year for marriage proposals is during the Winter so I felt it was fitting to write about the most popular engagement rings trends. Here are my top 5 engagement ring trends that have stood out in 2012 and will carry on to be huge in 2013.
1. Rose Gold: What better way to express the romance you feel for one another with the most romantic metals…rose gold (also known as pink gold). The soft hue of rose gold is stunning and is hugely popular right now. We’ve seen a dramatic spike in brides-to-be requesting rose gold engagement ring and wedding bands. Blake Lively and Leann Rimes are both sporting stunning rose gold rings.
2. Vintage design: For those looking for something a little different yet classic the perfect option is a vintage-inspired art deco piece with intricate details on the band. We love delicate details on the black diamond ring below.
3. Colored Diamonds: White diamonds will always remain the number one choice for engagement rings but more and more brides are falling in love with colored diamonds. Some of the most popular colored diamonds are pink, blue, black and chocolate.
4. Yellow Gold was widely popular in the 80’s and early 90’s but white gold & platinum quickly took over. We’re happy to see it’s making a fabulous comeback. Celebs such as Miley Cyrus and Halle Berry opted for this classic metal. There’s been a huge rise in popularity of yellow gold jewelry such as cuff bracelets, watches and earrings so it’s only normal brides-to-be want their engagement ring to match some of their favorite jewelry pieces.
5. Gemstones: Diamonds are not every girl’s best friends. Many women prefer colorful gemstones instead of diamonds and it’s becoming more and more common to see. Celebs like Jessica Simpson and Penelope Cruz opted for a splash of color on their finger with a ruby and sapphire.
Isn’t it refreshing when a new trend comes along that stirs things up. Today, I want to talk about engagement rings and wedding bands. For the longest time yellow gold has rocked the settings of these bridal rings. In the last two two decades there’s been a switch towards white gold and platinum bands. Now, I’m delighted that pink (rose) gold has been sneaking it’s way into the bridal department.
We’ve all been falling in love with pink gold in right hand rings, pendants, bracelets, etc but now it’s making it’s way into engagement rings and wedding bands. Ice carries many pink gold rings featuring pink morganite stones that have been fan favorites for awhile. We’ve been hearing from a lot of our customers that they’ve been using them as engagement rings. We LOVE this idea! So we thought why not add a couple new engagement rings with diamonds set in pink gold.
The first one I want to show you (pictured right) is a stunning diamond ring. The pink gold setting gives it a vintage style yet feels very contemporary since it’s not common which makes this a much-desired style for brides. Our other diamond pink gold ring (pictured below) comes in a set with the wedding band in a much more traditional style. This is for the classic bride that is looking for something a little more unique for her ring without going too out there.
Would you like a pink gold engagement ring? If you want to see Ice carry more pink gold engagement rings, tell us in the comments below.
Ahh, ’tis the time for hopeless romantics. Hope springs eternal, they say, and that is never more true than it is with love. Even when we’ve been burned once or twice (or three times, or…keep counting, I know) all it takes is someone’s true tale of love found to melt our hearts like the spring thaw. With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, I went snooping for good love stories that might exist right under my nose.
Well, ladies and gentleman, I found one.
I recently spoke to Britta Dreckmann, who acts as manager of our customer relations call center. She just celebrated her one year anniversary with us on February 9, as well as an anniversary of another kind. I’ll allow her to explain:
Well, I had just gotten out of a long relationship and I was in Montreal and feeling very alone. All my friends were already coupled or married. I had just started working at American Airlines and had this awful 4am shift at the airport. There was another woman who worked with me, Joanne, and we started carpooling together. It wasn’t long before we became good friends.
Then one day when I was at her house and looking through her family photo albums. She turned the page and all of a sudden there was this man in a blue sweater looking right at me. I can’t tell you what it was about this photo but all of a sudden I had butterflies in my stomach. I asked “Joanne, who IS that?” Continue reading →