Get your PVRs ready or set your alarm to wake up to catch the live coverage of the much anticipated Royal Wedding of Prince William and Princess-to-be Kate Middleton.Â Many of you are excited to see how the day unravels (some of you couldn’t care less I know). I myself am of course curious what the bride will wear. Will the wedding be like Prince Charles and Diana’s glorious nuptials?Â Who will attend?
Here are some of the insider rumors we’ve recently learned about the Royal Wedding.
1. The Bride will do her own makeup! You read that right, the gutsy soon-to-be Princess wasn’t a fan of how the make-up artist made up her face for the official engagement photo shoot so she washed her face and did it herself. I admire her independence but come on Kate, it’s your wedding day, millions of people are watching, please don’t apply eye liner with shaky hands.
2. A-list celeb guests include Victoria and David Beckham, Elton John and singer Joss Stone. What I want to know is, how do you become friends with royalty? What makes you close enough to be one of the lucky 1900 people to be invited?
3. Only VIP get to go to the exclusive dinner. Out of the 1900 guests invited to the ceremony, only 600 are invited to the reception and then only 300 to the ultra-private dinner hosted by Prince Charles. What a ripoff! Most people skip out on the ceremony to rest their dancing shoes for the party. I wonder what they’ll serve for dinner?
4. Keeping with tradition. During the ceremony, royals will be seated on the right and commoners on the left. Women in Westminster Abbey will show their respect by wearing hats (which we know will be extravagant to say the least). As the late Princess Diana did, Kate will not say she will “obey” William in her wedding vows. Although it was quite controversial when Diana did the same thing in 1981, we all think it’s pretty great that Kate switched the vows to “love, comfort, honor and keep” William.
5. Two wedding cakes. One wedding cake is simply not enough for royalty so they ordered two. First cake will be a multi-tiered fruit-cake. Yup, a fruit cake. That’s probably the last flavor any of us ‘commoners’ would think about having on our wedding day but that’s because most of us associate it with that gross candied fruit cake that comes around Christmas time. I assure you the one I saw being made on a morning show this morning as an example of the royal cake looked delicious and was made with actual fruit. The other cake is ‘biscuit cake’ that William requested as his favorite cake. The royals have a special recipe that they are not sharing with us but I’m on the lookout for it.
6. Watch live on YouTube. For the first time ever, you will be able to live stream the Royal wedding on YouTube ! Not only can you watch the live coverage on this royal YouTube channel but you can also see a map of the procession, upload a video of your own to leave the newlyweds a congratulatory message and also leave a charitable donation. In lieu of wedding gifts the couple ask if people would like to donate to the new charity fund they have set up.
What do you think of some of these rumors? Will you be tuning in to watch the ceremony?
Photos by PR Photos