Women all over the world have been gushing over the books Something Borrowed and Something Blue by Emily Giffin for the last few years. It’s always so exciting when one of your favorite books makes it to the big screen.
We’re so thrilled to be one of the movie’s partners. Keep an eye out for our diamond stud earrings on one of the leading ladies in the movie. We also put together a guide of wedding themed jewelry inspired by the movie.
The movie stars Kate Hudson, Ginnifer Goodwin, John Krasinski and Colin Egglesfield. I would explain what the movie is about but how ’bout you watch this trailer for a more entertaining description 😉
It premieres tomorrow so gather your girl friends and head to the theater this weekend, we certainly will. By the way, you should totally read the books too if you’re into chick lit books. What are some of your favorite books that later turned into movies?
Let us know if you’re planning on going to see the movie in the comments or on Facebook and Twitter.
Just in time for wedding season, this Friday sees the premiere of the new romantic comedy Something Borrowed starring Kate Hudson, Ginnifer Goodwin, John Krasinski and Colin Egglesfield. It follows the twists and turns in the space between friendship and love and when those boundaries are tested.
The movie comes from the best selling novel by Emily Giffin. For those who have read the book & her follow-up Something Blue know that you are in for a hilarious tearjerker.
I’ve often said that there are few classier pieces of jewelry than a pair of diamond studs like the ones featured in the movie, they also happen to be Ice.com earrings. 🙂 We’re thrilled to have our earrings in the movie, we also featured some other wedding jewelry inspired by the movie at Ice.com. Speaking about wedding jewelry, take a closer look at the photo of Kate’s engagement ring. Gorgeous!
I’m not getting married anytime soon, but some of the jewelry on that page is pretty tempting anyway. I think I may have to reinterpret the classic nuptial phase that inspired the movie:
The happy couple are also expecting a baby in a few months so they have much to celebrate. This is the second marriage for Kate who has a 7 year old son with fellow rocker Chris Robinson. You may know Kate’s fiance as the lead singer of the British rock band Muse. (If you don’t know Muse, go out and listen to them – they’re amazing!)
We’re thrilled for the couple – we’re big fans of both Kate and Matthew. We wish them much happiness! What do you think of her ring?
All the recent excitement of awards season paying tribute to the best movies of the year got us thinking of all our favorite jewelry featured in some great classic movies. After asking around the Ice.com office and our Facebook and Twitter friends these were the favorites:
1. Titanic – As if you had any doubt that the Heart of the Ocean necklace would make the list. Was it the iceberg that sank the Titanic or all the women on the boat drooling over Rose’s necklace? Too graphic? Let’s move forward. Contrary to what many believe, the breathtaking heart pendant is not a blue diamond but made of blue cubic zirconium for the movie. The jeweler was also asked to make another version of the necklace which featured 170-carat Sapphires and diamonds totaling $3.5 million which was worn by Celine Dion at the 1998 Academy Awards.
2. Pretty Woman – Best scene in the movie? We think so. When Edward hands Vivian the box and snaps it closed in front of her causing her infectious laughter to take over is classic movie history. (Which wasn’t scripted by the way) What a classic beautiful Ruby & Diamond necklace to match perfectly with her gorgeous red gown and white gloves. I must re-watch this movie soon.
3. Gentleman Prefer Blondes – The jewels Marilyn Monroe wore while performing “Diamonds are a Girl’s Best Friend” in the movie is iconic. She wears so many it’s hard to even point out one piece. She wore diamond necklaces, earrings, rings and bracelets galore with a hot pink gown and matching gloves. Simply gorgeous!
4. Sex & The City 2 – Carrie Bradshaw definitely helped put black diamonds on the map. When Big gave Carrie a 5 carat black diamond ring saying “because you are not like anyone else” did you not fall in love with him more? I was personally always an Aidan fan but Big got points with me for that one.
5. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days – This was a fan generated vote. Thank you to the Facebook fans that voted for the stunning 84 carat yellow diamond Isadora necklace Kate Hudson’s character wore in a key scene in the movie.