Rings have always been one of our favorite jewelry categories. From engagement rings to cocktail rings to dainty right hand rings, we love them all! But I do want to remind you about the sometimes forgotten pinky finger. Rings are most commonly adorned on the “ring finger”, your middle finger or your thumb. I think it’s time you give some love to your little pinky.
We’ve seen our favorite fashionable stars like Sarah Jessica Parker and Jennifer Lopez in huge cocktail rings on their pinkies. Depending on your personal style or your outfit you can pretty much pull off any kind of ring on your pinky. We love chunky rings especially with large gemstones like this Purple Amethyst ring for a night out (pictured below). Delicate simple bands are great for everyday. I stacked a couple of bands for an extra boost of color you can see in the pic above.
We have lots of rings now available in smaller ring sizes such as 4 and 5 to fit your pinky. Check out our ring selection to find the right size for you. Whenever I find a fabulous ring that isn’t available in my size I don’t let that small detail effect me. I just get a smaller size for my pinky or larger for my thumb. Pinky rings will be a big trend in 2013. Will you be trying it out?
Last night’s 2011 American Music Awards was full of entertaining performances and stylish looks from the talented guests. Some of my favorite looks of the night were:
1. Jennifer Lopez: This woman is hot! She can dance better than most of her competitors who are half her age. She donned several outfits throughout the night including a barely-there Britney-esque bedazzled leotard during one of her performances. My favorite look of the night was the black and sheer gown she wore to accept her award. Her hair was pinned back in classic J.Lo style, exposing stunning drop earrings. If you want to get the same look, try out these CZ earrings for an incredible sparkle.
2. Katy Perry: She’s fun, adorable and sexy all rolled up into one fabulously talented performer. She received a standing ovation during her performance while she wore a Jetsons-like pink ensemble. Her red carpet look was the real attention grabber. She wore a Vivienne Westwood gown on the red carpet with a amazing hairpiece designed by Westwood and accessorized with large cocktail rings.
3. Heidi Klum: There were lots of silver looks at the AMAs but the best use of silver award goes hands-down to supermodel Heidi Klum. Her cut-out knee-length dress was simple but made a big impact. Accessorize this look with silver jewelry with bright gemstones to really make them pop.
There’s always a party, movie premiere, fundraising event that you can catch the hottest celebrities at any night of the week. A few sparkly celeb sightings this week caught my eye that I wanted to share with you lovelies.
First up is Jenny from the block wearing a handful of sparkly diamond rings at Pure Nightclub in Las Vegas this past weekend. I’ll all for big statement pieces and loved that she paired it with silver nail polish. My co-worker Elissa has been sporting silver polish lately and it’s fabulous! What do you think of Jennifer Lopez’s look – do you think 4 large rings worn at the same time is too much?
The Big Bang Theory star Kaley Cuoco was also seen in Vegas this weekend sporting a simple initial necklace. This caught our eye not only because the initial is covered in diamonds but because we’ve been seeing another “K” girl sporting a very similar necklace. Katie Holmes has been seen over a dozen times wearing this initial necklace but with the “S” initial for her daughter Suri as we covered in a previous post.
Rachel Evan Wood always looks edgy and dramatic but remains classy. We adore that she loves black diamonds just as much as us. She’s often seen on the red carpet showing off her black diamond studs with her cropped hair cut. At the LA premiere of the George Clooney/ Ryan Gosling’s new movie The Ides of March Rachel went with a black and white look. She layered multiple necklaces with more black diamonds and white pearls. Love this style and they look a lot like this long black diamond necklaces and a long pearl & agate necklace from Ice. These both can be layered to create a similar look to Rachel’s.
Those were my favorite celeb jewelry looks this week. Did any stars catch your eye this week?
Have any of you been attending New York Fashion Week shows? Or following it on Twitter like me? I love all the excitement around all the latest fashion trends hitting the runways. It’s so much fun to see all the glamorous models and beautiful clothes and accessories. One designer I had my eye on was Zac Posen. I managed to get a glimpse of his 2012 Spring Collection and was drooling over the evening gowns that are totally red carpet worthy.
Since the Emmy Awards are this Sunday I thought it might be fun to pick a few of Zac Posen’s gowns and predict who might wear it on the Emmy red carpet. At last year’s Emmy’s Mad Men actress Christina Hendricks wore a feathery lavender Zac Posen gown that definitely turned heads.
Take a look at these gowns and tell us who you can image wearing it at the Emmy’s.
This satin gown, with the combination of bold jewelry has a beautiful old Hollywood feel to it. Stunning. I can see this look on classy stars like Leighton Meester from Gossip Girl or Christina Applegate who will be staring in a new TV comedy Up All Night. Past Emmy winner Claire Danes would also shine in this gown.
This curve-hugging dress has Kim Kardashian or Jennifer Lopez written all over it. However, I wouldn’t mind seeing someone like 30 Rock’s Jane Krakoski or Jennifer Love Hewitt in something like this to change it up.
Even though this is technically a Spring collection, I think this shade of blue is so perfect for Fall. Especially paired with the blue jewels the model is wearing. Would look great paired with London Blue Topaz jewelry I hope someone walks the red carpet with it. I’m picturing some young starlets like Blake Lively or Lea Michelle of Glee. Perhaps even Eva Longoria, she looks ravishing in everything.
Leave it to model Coco Rocha to deliver this show stopper gown. Isn’t it beautiful? You have to be a true star to wear something like this. I’d love to see Emmy nominees Gwyneth Paltrow or Kate Winslet in this or something similar. A nice cuff bracelet would complete this look.
What do you think of these gowns? Which stars do you predict will wear these looks?
Jennifer Lopez has reinvented herself once again. From dancer to choreographer to movie actress to pop sensation, she’s now one of the most easy-on-the-eyes American Idol judges. Week after week she looks so great she almost steals the show. Rumor has it that after her contract with the show runs out she may reinvent herself yet again as a celebrity stylist. It’s a natural move from the girl that’s kept our fashion attention since that now-infamous plunging green Versace gown she wore at the Academy Awards in 2000.
In the mean time, J. Lo’s own stylists, Rob Zangardi and Mariel Haenn, have been doing quite well keeping our girl looking great. Here’s a round up of ourÂ Â top five American Idol J.Lo looks:
4. The Moschino musical note T-shirt she wore during the Milwaukee Auditions that caused many women to search online to find.
3. The 50’s inspired poodle Rodarte skirt – which she updated by shortening the length to mid-thigh she wore on Motown night. She paired it with a light colored sequin Dries Van Noten long sleeved top.
2. The Black Gucci Halter dress she wore the next night on Motown elimination with industrial-esq gold chains grabbing all the attention.
1. The many sexy sequined mini-dresses with oversize hoop earrings and stacked bangle bracelets Jennifer wore throughout the season. It is her trademark look and she pulls it off effortlessly time and time again.
What were your favorite J.Lo looks from American Idol? Don’t forget to watch the finale this week! Good luck to both Lauren and Scotty.