Even with all the excitement the Fashion Weeks has brought recently, our favorite runway is the Oscars red carpet. Like most of you, I had my eyes glued to the TV last night watching all the beautiful stars strut down the red carpet. Here are our favorite jewelry looks of the night.
1. Choker Necklaces: One of my favorite looks of the night was shockingly Michelle Williams. The adorable actress hasn’t been choosing the most exciting gowns recently but her coral Louis Vuitton dress with peplum detail was a knock-out! (Style Tip: Peplum waists are THE go-to look this Spring) She didn’t over do it with jewelry but chose a diamond choker necklace and a jeweled bow brooch pinned on her dress. I think a simple pair of diamond studs wouldn’t have hurt but she looks lovely! Cameron Diaz, Penelope Cruz and Katie Holmes also rocked the choker look. Get the look for less at Ice
2. Over-sized rings: The stars might not have worn huge necklaces or earrings at last night’s Oscars but they made up for it in the rings category. Ladies like their rings big! Gwyneth Paltrow, Jennifer Lopez and Stacey Keibler all wore statement rings that grabbed our attention.
3. Cuffs: The other over-sized look of the night went to cuff bracelets. Gwyneth Paltrow may have had an understated white gown but she still looked elegant and chic with the help of her cuff bracelet and cocktail ring. Viola Davis also paired a wide cuff with her emerald green gown.
4. Drop Earrings: I was expecting to see lots of chandelier earrings as we did at the Golden Globes but instead Hollywood’s beauties opted for drop earrings which are less dramatic but just as stunning. With drop earrings you have the opportunity to show off large diamonds or gemstones. Mila Jovovich, Angelina Jolie and Natalie Portman all looked drop-dead gorgeous in their drop earrings.
5. Sapphires: For the last few years emeralds have been the most popular colored gemstone on the red carpet and it was definitely there this year too but we were thrilled to see sapphires growing in popularity. Another woman who sported the peplum style was the hilarious Tina Fey who opted for a navy blue Carolina Herrara gown. She accessorized this look with blue sapphire chandelier earrings similar to these topaz or tanzanite earrings. Leslie Mann also looks gorg in blue sapphire jewelry.
These are our favorite jewelry looks from the 2012 Oscars. Now we want to hear from you in the comments below. What were your fave looks from this year’s Oscars?
The Twilight Saga, either you love it or you hate. There’s been much hype over the movie, as with all of them and Twi-hards are eagerly awaiting the premiere this Friday. Earlier this week, the Hollywood premiere of the movie was held and the stars of the movie looked amazing on the red black carpet.
There was sequins and sparkly embellishments on many of the women in the cast. Kristen Stewart aka Bella Swan, looked mature in her long purple J. Mendel gown with a thigh high split. All the ladies in the Cullen clan where dressed to impress wearing long gowns. Ashley Greene pulled off the vamp-look with a stunning red Donna Karen dress with matching lips and nails. She opted for a black & gold ring that broke up the all-red ensemble.
One of my favorite looks of the night was by Nikki Reed (pictured right). She wore a Grecian Marchesa gown in a fabulous minty green accented with gold sequins. I loved her long drop earrings featuring an array of earth-tone colored gemstones.
Are you planning on seeing the new Twilight movie?
The day has come, the beautiful Kim Kardashian got married! It hasn’t been that long since we reported the engagement of Kim and her now husband Kris Humphries but they managed to pull off an extravagant wedding in only three months. You’ll be able to watch the whole event from the comfort of your home in a couple of months on E!. Until then, we’re excited to report on the details of the wedding here.
1. Celebrity Guests: 450 people were in attendance including celebs Eva Longoria, Ryan Seacrest, Kathy Lee Gifford, Spice Girl Mel B and Lindsay Lohan. Some guests had to be cut from the list last minute to make room for E! film crew. Ouch!
2. Wedding party: The color scheme for the extravagant wedding was a classy black and white. The only time it’s ok for other woman to wear white to your wedding is when you have a B&W color scheme. Sisters Khloe and Kourtney served as co-maid of honors and Kendall, Kylie and the groom’s sister Kaela were the bridesmaids in ivory gowns that have been described as “very Pippa”. Kim has said on numerous occasions that she wanted her wedding to be bigger and better than the Royal Wedding. Not sure if that was accomplished but a girl can dream.
3. The Jewels: Kim wore a jeweled headpiece adorning with diamonds, some falling gracefully on her forehead. A very different look than I wasn’t expecting on her wedding day but she pulled it off in true Kardashian style. She also wore gorgeous drop earrings which we have a very similar pair at Ice at a much more affordable price. There was an absence of a necklace but with all the sparkly diamonds on her headpiece it was probably best to not look too overdone.
4. Food & Entertainment: Singer Robin Thicke sang his soulful song Angels for Mr & Mrs. Humphrie’s first dance and legendary Earth, Wind & Fire performed during the rest of the night along with a DJ. Wolfgang Puck prepared an array of tasty treats for the guests. Sticking with their B&W theme the wedding cake was chocolate and vanilla. Sounds like a boring flavor for such a glamorous wedding but I’m sure it was delicious.
5. The Dress(es): Vera Wang designed the custom-made Ivory strapless gown with a full tulle skirt, basque waist and Chantilly lace appliqué and a lonnngggg train. That was the main dress for the ceremony. The bride then changed into two other dresses throughout the night including a mermaid gown.
And that’s not the end of it ! Apparently they will be having another reception in NYC at the end of August. Why? I’m not sure but we’ll be looking out for it.