Now that Spring has officially sprung that means wedding season is kicking off. This is the busiest time for brides to take care of all the last minute details for their wedding and thankfully they have their trusty bridesmaids by her side to help. As a gesture of your appreciation you should always give a gift to say thank you to your favorite gals.
Jewelry is the perfect gift idea since it saves them the trouble of finding jewelry to wear on your wedding day. Here are some of my favorite ideas.
1. Statement Earrings: The most popular bridesmaid dresses are usually strapless leaving exposed shoulders to either do a fabulous pair of statement earrings or a great necklace. Not both together, that would be overkill. If you decide to go the earrings route, chandelier earrings and drop earrings are my pick for a fabulous gift idea.
2. Color-coordinated gemstones to match the color of their dress is always a fantastic idea. Popular bridesmaid dress colors for 2013 are purple (pair with an Amethyst stone), pink (Pink Sapphire) and blue (Blue Topaz, or Aquamarine). With the huge variety of colorful gemstone jewelry, you can always find something to match whichever color your bridesmaids will be draped in.
3. Initial Pendants are a nice personal gift. We have some beautiful diamond encrusted initial pendants in cursive writing which makes them much more elegant.
4. Bangles will put a smile on any bridesmaid’s face. It’s a safe & easy gift that almost all women love. Many bangle designs can be very glamorous, perfect for evening wear on your wedding day.
5. Cocktail Rings are always a huge hit at a glamorous event such as a wedding. On the night of your wedded bliss let your favorite ladies shine with a statement sparkler on her finger too. You can’t be the only one sporting a big rock on your hand. There are lots of different styles and gemstones to choose from to fit perfectly which each bridesmaid’s individual style.
What was the best bridesmaid gift you ever received?
Last night’s 2011 American Music Awards was full of entertaining performances and stylish looks from the talented guests. Some of my favorite looks of the night were:
1. Jennifer Lopez: This woman is hot! She can dance better than most of her competitors who are half her age. She donned several outfits throughout the night including a barely-there Britney-esque bedazzled leotard during one of her performances. My favorite look of the night was the black and sheer gown she wore to accept her award. Her hair was pinned back in classic J.Lo style, exposing stunning drop earrings. If you want to get the same look, try out these CZ earrings for an incredible sparkle.
2. Katy Perry: She’s fun, adorable and sexy all rolled up into one fabulously talented performer. She received a standing ovation during her performance while she wore a Jetsons-like pink ensemble. Her red carpet look was the real attention grabber. She wore a Vivienne Westwood gown on the red carpet with a amazing hairpiece designed by Westwood and accessorized with large cocktail rings.
3. Heidi Klum: There were lots of silver looks at the AMAs but the best use of silver award goes hands-down to supermodel Heidi Klum. Her cut-out knee-length dress was simple but made a big impact. Accessorize this look with silver jewelry with bright gemstones to really make them pop.
Spring is almost here and it’s the perfect time to clean out your jewelry box to make room for new pieces you’ll collect throughout the year. However, what should you do with your old gold jewelry?
1. Gift it. Whether you have a friend that has been eyeing a certain pair of earrings or a relative that has always wanted Grandma’s necklace, gifting your jewelry is a cost-effective but sentimental option.
2. Store it. If a piece has significant sentimental value, buy protective jewelry bags and store the item in a safe place. Hold on to the jewelry so that you can pass the piece on to your younger sister or daughter some day.
3. Resell it. “Work with a brick-and-mortar business staffed by people with a graduate gemology degree…and longtime experience,” InStyle magazine reports. “If the amount you’re offered seems low, seek out a second opinion from another jeweler.”
With more room in your jewelry box, you’re free to buy a few new pieces with which to start the new year, like a trendy cocktail ring or a bold pair of earrings.
As we thought it might be, The Kings Speech was the big winner on Oscar night. I think that war-era femininity might be responsible for the resurgence in lace this year, such as on Mila Kunis, Amanda Seyfried, Madonna at the after-party and, most notably, Scarlett Johansson who just. Looked. Amazing. I know some in the blogosphere are torn about this one, but I loved it. Despite all the yelling paparazzi, screaming fans and flashing cameras, Scarlett somehow always manages to look totally relaxed on the red carpet, like she was born to be there.
Despite The King’s Speech impressive influence, The Black Swan seemed to make the biggest fashion-impression this year – and I’m holding it responsible for the reserved palate of colors we saw. Other than a few ladies in red (Sandra Bullock, we love you!), it seemed like everyone was in variations of black/grey or white/beige. Not only that, did you notice a number of gowns were decked out in feathers and feathery fabrics (Hilary Swank, Naomi Watts, Sharon Stone, Halle Berry and others).
For the most part, jewelry was kept simple and classic, with a perfect pair of diamond studs appearing over and over. It’s a good reminder that when you’ve got fancy fabrics or necklines going on, it’s wise to let your jewelry be an accessory, not a distraction. And you can never, ever go wrong with a pair of diamond studs.
One noteworthy jewelry statement was made by hostess Anne Hathaway, who let her baubles match her bubbly personality with an attention-grabbing cocktail ring. I found 5-carat rock version for an easy $45. Nothing will make you feel more outrageously glamorous for a better price.
This year, there are plenty of exciting new trends hitting the runways. Among the most popular looks this season are clothing items and jewelry pieces inspired by years past. Want to rock the look? Here are a few ways you can try it:
1. Wear a pin. Hats and scarves are great accessories, but a brooch on a cardigan is supreme. However, pay attention to this special piece – remember to remove it from your sweater before throwing clothes in the washing machine!
2. Don bracelets over your gloves. This is a look that would make Audrey Hepburn proud, (and one that will keep you warm in the wintertime). To execute flawlessly, select gloves that are thin and well-fitting, as bracelets paired with loose knits can look frumpy.
3. Cocktail rings – even at the office! While you may be used to sporting these statement pieces on nights out on the town, a cocktail ring is a great way to add retro flair to any outfit. Floral shapes, colored stones and elaborate settings are ideal.
This year, don’t feel badly about dwelling on the past – what was once old is now new again!
Many women might feel a little blue when the cold weather hits, but accenting your winter wardrobe with fun pieces can help cheer you up.
1. Pile on the bangle bracelets. During the winter a girl shouldn’t be afraid to stack bangles around her wrist. Don’t go overboard, but the addition of glittering bangles can take a winter wardrobe from drab to fab.
2. Opt for bright pieces: turquoise pendants, emerald earrings, pink sapphire bracelets. The easiest way to add a little cheer to your look is by adding color. Just because your winter clothes consist mainly of blacks and grays doesn’t mean a pop of color can’t be added. The best way to start the day is by throwing on your favorite piece of jewelry in a rich tone that immediately catches the eye.
3. Choose fun items: a cocktail ring with a unique embellishment or a pendant in an unexpected shape will create interest and be a fun accent to your outfit. Necklaces with interesting shapes and pendants are just one of many options for ladies during the winter. Cocktail rings with bright hued gems and intricate patterns make for excellent additions to anyone’s wardrobe.
Before boarding the plane this holiday season, whether you’re visiting family or taking an exotic vacation, be sure to pack some essential jewelry pieces that will allow you to dash from the tarmac to a special event without a hitch.
1. Carry-on your favorite items. Any experienced traveler worth her salt knows that at the airport, delays are to be expected. To make sure that you’ll still look fab, even if your luggage is lost or your plane is late, make sure to tuck your bling into a silk travel purse stashed in your carry-on bag.
2. Make a gold watch your travel staple. Electronics can be unreliable when you’re on the road. To stay punctual (and stylish), keep a gold watch on standby at all times. Slip it onto your wrist while jetting off for cocktails, a soiree or a family gathering once you arrive at your destination.
3. Stock up on statement pieces. When you’re en route, chic cocktail rings and statement necklaces are excellent choices. They’re space-efficient ways to create multiple outfits and dress-up your look in no time.
Fall tends to be the season of non-stop charity events and galas. If you fancy yourself a fashionista, now’s the perfect time to break out the designer duds and show off your style. But when you’re heading to a charity bash, is piling on the bling a faux-pas? Continue reading →
When putting together an outfit, many women may be cautious to include large, bold jewels, fearing the baubles will appear over-the-top or ostentatious. But, as we saw on many runways for fall, excess is in.
Oversized cocktail rings with colorful center stones like sapphire or green amethyst are only the starting point. Continue reading →
Carrying on a semi-normal social life can be tricky for a woman with a full-time job. After all, with days consumed by meetings and conference calls, it’s rare that you’ll have time to go home and change before a romantic date or an after-work dinner with friends.
Instead of rushing around, trying to squeeze too many to-do items into too short a time, here are a few ensemble-enlivening tips that will seamlessly transform your work outfit from business-casual to after-hours chic.
1. Transform that little black dress: A structured blazer and pair of opaque tights can easily add a dose of professionalism to a little black dress. When the clock strikes six, throw on a jeweled cardigan, sheer stockings and a pair of stilettos, and you’ll be ready to take on the town.
2. Add some sparkle: Don’t forget to accessorize with a jeweled cocktail ring or a great statement necklace. These glittering pieces will easily elevate your get-up, and you’ll be ready for an evening event.
3. Protect your pieces: While bringing jewelry to work will enable you to quickly add glamor to your outfit before stepping out, you’ll want to store the items carefully. A silk-lined jewelry travel bag will keep your precious pieces safe until they are ready to be worn.
4. Touch-up your makeup: Remember to freshen up your face as well, as your makeup may fade throughout the day. A deep, shimmery eyeshadow or a bold red lip is a quick way to infuse your after-work look with a bit of extra drama.