Now that Spring has officially sprung that means wedding season is kicking off. This is the busiest time for brides to take care of all the last minute details for their wedding and thankfully they have their trusty bridesmaids by her side to help. As a gesture of your appreciation you should always give a gift to say thank you to your favorite gals.
Jewelry is the perfect gift idea since it saves them the trouble of finding jewelry to wear on your wedding day. Here are some of my favorite ideas.
1. Statement Earrings: The most popular bridesmaid dresses are usually strapless leaving exposed shoulders to either do a fabulous pair of statement earrings or a great necklace. Not both together, that would be overkill. If you decide to go the earrings route, chandelier earrings and drop earrings are my pick for a fabulous gift idea.
2. Color-coordinated gemstones to match the color of their dress is always a fantastic idea. Popular bridesmaid dress colors for 2013 are purple (pair with an Amethyst stone), pink (Pink Sapphire) and blue (Blue Topaz, or Aquamarine). With the huge variety of colorful gemstone jewelry, you can always find something to match whichever color your bridesmaids will be draped in.
3. Initial Pendants are a nice personal gift. We have some beautiful diamond encrusted initial pendants in cursive writing which makes them much more elegant.
4. Bangles will put a smile on any bridesmaid’s face. It’s a safe & easy gift that almost all women love. Many bangle designs can be very glamorous, perfect for evening wear on your wedding day.
5. Cocktail Rings are always a huge hit at a glamorous event such as a wedding. On the night of your wedded bliss let your favorite ladies shine with a statement sparkler on her finger too. You can’t be the only one sporting a big rock on your hand. There are lots of different styles and gemstones to choose from to fit perfectly which each bridesmaid’s individual style.
What was the best bridesmaid gift you ever received?
Wedding season is here! With the hilarious new movie Bridesmaids in theaters, it got me thinking of when I’ve been a bridesmaid in the past few years. It really is an honor to be chosen and a lot of fun. I personally love planning bridal events and all that hoopla so it’s such a joy for me but it is a LOT or work. So as a bridesmaid it’s always nice to get a little gift from the bride and groom to say thanks for being a part of their special day.
As my thank you gifts, I’ve always received jewelry and was thrilled with every item. Weddings are of course expensive and you want to show your wedding party that you care within a reasonable price range. Here are five jewelry bridesmaids gifts that would be perfect for your favorite ladies that won’t cost you a fortune.
1. Bangle Bracelets: I may be biased since I bought these in every color but I absolutely LOVE these CZ bangles! They make a gorgeous gift and they only cost $85 each. So depending on your budget you can get them also in Silver or Yellow & Pink Rhodium. Plus for that price you can also get the matching earrings for only $50 in Silver, Yellow or Pink too.
2. Pearls: Yes they are classic, timeless pieces. We’ve heard it all before. So why not get them for your bridesmaids? She doesn’t need to wear them on your wedding day (she can if she wants) but she would really appreciate having them in her collection to dress up a casual outfit or to sophisticate a dressier ensemble. There is a great set of a Pearl necklace & matching earrings on Ice.com for only $95.
3. Drop (dead gorgeous) earrings like these 14 3/8 carat pear shaped CZ earrings will make any bridesmaid stand out…actually the bride should be standing out the most so these would also be perfect for the bride. 😉 Not only are they super sparkly but also super affordable at $45.
4. Colorful pendants – Sometimes bridesmaid dresses have very intricate designs and most often come in an array of colors. A nice touch would be to add a simple colorful pendant that matches the dress like these Citrine and Garnet pendants. There’s also matching earrings.
5. Get personal! A great gift idea is getting personalized jewelry with your bridesmaid’s names on a silver or gold pendant. Or you can also get something with their birthstone or zodiac sign.
There you have it! Some inexpensive gift ideas that will make your bridesmaids forgive you for all the bridezilla moments over the last few months.
What’s your favorite bridesmaid gift you’ve received?