Now that Spring has officially sprung that means wedding season is kicking off. This is the busiest time for brides to take care of all the last minute details for their wedding and thankfully they have their trusty bridesmaids by her side to help. As a gesture of your appreciation you should always give a gift to say thank you to your favorite gals.
Jewelry is the perfect gift idea since it saves them the trouble of finding jewelry to wear on your wedding day. Here are some of my favorite ideas.
1. Statement Earrings: The most popular bridesmaid dresses are usually strapless leaving exposed shoulders to either do a fabulous pair of statement earrings or a great necklace. Not both together, that would be overkill. If you decide to go the earrings route, chandelier earrings and drop earrings are my pick for a fabulous gift idea.
2. Color-coordinated gemstones to match the color of their dress is always a fantastic idea. Popular bridesmaid dress colors for 2013 are purple (pair with an Amethyst stone), pink (Pink Sapphire) and blue (Blue Topaz, or Aquamarine). With the huge variety of colorful gemstone jewelry, you can always find something to match whichever color your bridesmaids will be draped in.
3. Initial Pendants are a nice personal gift. We have some beautiful diamond encrusted initial pendants in cursive writing which makes them much more elegant.
4. Bangles will put a smile on any bridesmaid’s face. It’s a safe & easy gift that almost all women love. Many bangle designs can be very glamorous, perfect for evening wear on your wedding day.
5. Cocktail Rings are always a huge hit at a glamorous event such as a wedding. On the night of your wedded bliss let your favorite ladies shine with a statement sparkler on her finger too. You can’t be the only one sporting a big rock on your hand. There are lots of different styles and gemstones to choose from to fit perfectly which each bridesmaid’s individual style.
What was the best bridesmaid gift you ever received?
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. You’ve probably noticed store aisles of stuffed animals, chocolates & flowers but we all know what women really want… jewelry. There are so many different options to choose from for jewelry gifts. Men normally tend to stick with the traditional heart shaped red gemstone pieces….which are cute and we’d be happy to receive any of them. But this year, we’d love to receive any of these non-traditional Valentine’s Day gifts that still feel romantic without over-doing the typical Valentine’s Day themes.
1. Watches: Big watches are very in right now, also known as “boyfriend watches”. The style is to have a large face on the watch with a bulky metal band. Yellow & Rose Gold are hot watch colors right now so definitely consider this as an option. If you’re not sure if she likes colored gold, you could always opt for this white Michael Kors watch.
2. Studs: This is a great gift idea! Any woman would be thrilled to receive a pair of sparkly diamond studs or colorful gemstone studs. Simple with a big impact!
3. Statement Bracelet: Girls love receiving large jewelry pieces from their man. I highly recommend a stylish designer bracelet like this Vita Fede one (pictured below). I am a big rose gold fan and it makes a nice tie in with the romance of Valentine’s Day but with a modern, more stylish turn with this chain-link design.
4. Heart Ring: Ok I had to put at least one heart shaped piece of jewelry on this list but it’s not your traditional heart. This stylish smokey quartz ring is set in a fierce looking hear shape. Love the diamonds surrounding the ring to give it some extra sparkle.
5. The Splurge gift: A fabulous diamond piece of jewelry is always the best answer. A way to say I love you without a heart piece is with a beautiful infinity symbol. How beautiful is this shiny diamond infinity necklace?
Of course, if you’re ready to take the leap, an engagement ring would also be nice.
One of the most popular times of the year for marriage proposals is during the Winter so I felt it was fitting to write about the most popular engagement rings trends. Here are my top 5 engagement ring trends that have stood out in 2012 and will carry on to be huge in 2013.
1. Rose Gold: What better way to express the romance you feel for one another with the most romantic metals…rose gold (also known as pink gold). The soft hue of rose gold is stunning and is hugely popular right now. We’ve seen a dramatic spike in brides-to-be requesting rose gold engagement ring and wedding bands. Blake Lively and Leann Rimes are both sporting stunning rose gold rings.
2. Vintage design: For those looking for something a little different yet classic the perfect option is a vintage-inspired art deco piece with intricate details on the band. We love delicate details on the black diamond ring below.
3. Colored Diamonds: White diamonds will always remain the number one choice for engagement rings but more and more brides are falling in love with colored diamonds. Some of the most popular colored diamonds are pink, blue, black and chocolate.
4. Yellow Gold was widely popular in the 80’s and early 90’s but white gold & platinum quickly took over. We’re happy to see it’s making a fabulous comeback. Celebs such as Miley Cyrus and Halle Berry opted for this classic metal. There’s been a huge rise in popularity of yellow gold jewelry such as cuff bracelets, watches and earrings so it’s only normal brides-to-be want their engagement ring to match some of their favorite jewelry pieces.
5. Gemstones: Diamonds are not every girl’s best friends. Many women prefer colorful gemstones instead of diamonds and it’s becoming more and more common to see. Celebs like Jessica Simpson and Penelope Cruz opted for a splash of color on their finger with a ruby and sapphire.
Guys are known for procrastinating, especially when it comes to buying gifts. So we’re here to make it easier for you and tell you what the most wished for jewelry pieces from our customers are. Let’s get started!
1. The classic whites: Women of all ages need at least the essentials in their jewelry collection. That is, diamond studs, diamond tennis bracelets, pearl necklaces and of course a stunning diamond ring. Select one of these and you will not disappoint.
2. Personalized: For the gal with all the essentials and looking for something to bring out her personality try a piece of jewelry with her birthstone. Consult our birthstone chart to find out which one is right for you. Other great gift ideas is an initial necklace, name necklace or customize a Persona Charm Bracelet for her.
3. Girly Girl: One of the hottest gemstones this year is Morganite. It’s a pretty peachy pink gemstone that looks incredible paired with rose gold. Our Facebook fans all agree that this is the must-have gem this year.
4. Timeless Beauty: Watches have made a huge comeback recently and the latest is trend is known as the boyfriend watch. These are large faced watches that look like men’s watches but are still dainty and pretty for women. Michael Kors is the king of this look. We also carry fab styles from Fossil, Guess and many more designer watches.
5. Say it with Your Heart: Whether you’re interesting in giving a necklace, ring, earrings or bracelet, the number one style is always in the shape of a heart. Heart jewelry puts a smile to every women’s face, young or old, it never gets boring.
Fall always gets a bad wrap because it triggers that back to school feeling, end of Summer and the beginning of cold weather. But I have to say, it’s one of my favorite seasons. It’s beautiful and the fashion is always amazing! I want to share with you five jewelry trends that are hot for this Fall.
1. Gold – I’ve written previously about how yellow gold jewelry is very ‘in’ right now and I will repeat myself. Put on your yellow gold! It’s classic, it’s versatile and it’s very chic right now. If yellow gold really isn’t your thing then try out rose (pink) gold jewelry. It goes well with many skin tones and outfits. So ladies, leave the white gold & silver aside this year and strut around in yellow & rose gold.
2. Statement Pieces – Go big or go home this Fall! It’s no time to be shy with your baubles. In the necklaces department you’ve got bib necklaces, large pendants and chokers to stand out in. Chandelier earrings are big, beautiful and very feminine.
3. Layer Your Jewels – Layering bracelets is a must! I’m all for stacking bangles to make a bold statement. It’s a fun look that really grabs attention. But layering doesn’t have to end there…experiment with layering necklaces. Long and short pendants paired together. Big statement pieces paired with simple pendants. Play around with different looks to find the style that suits you best.
5. Nature Inspired Jewelry – Nature-toned colors are always popular in Fall such as orange, brown and green. You can show off these colors with beautiful gemstones such as carnelian, smoky quartz and drusy jewelry. Add some leaf, feather and floral designs in your jewelry for a nature inspired look.
There you have it! These are some of favorite jewelry trends we’ll be rocking this Fall. Which of these will you be wearing?
Without a doubt the most glamorous earrings you can wear are chandelier earrings. These have the biggest WOW factor when walking into a room and add instant glamour to any outfit. As beautiful as they are they are not always the easiest piece of jewelry to wear. Here are some do’s and don’t on chandelier earrings that I wanted to share with you.
Do – Select the right size for you. Depending on the shape of your face you can go smaller or bigger. If you’re very petite with small features steer clear from extra large earrings or they will just make you look smaller. Round face will be elongated with longer chandeliers.
Don’t wear with a statement necklace. Your earrings are a statement piece so no need to clutter your look by adding more bling around your neck. Stick with a simple pendant to accessorize but chances are you don’t even need it.
Do – Put your hair up. Show off the beauty of your chandelier earrings by putting your hair up in an elegant bun or high ponytail. Sweep your hair away from your ears to let your jewels really shine.
Don’t wear them to the office or during the day. Chandeliers are elegant and sexy. They dress up an outfit and sparkle beautifully at night. Not very professional for the office. If you really want to, opt for shorter chandeliers.
Do – Use them to dress up your daytime look. Chandelier earrings are the perfect accessory to go from daytime casual to nighttime chic with the same outfit. If you have plans after work, simply drape your ears with dramatic chandeliers to dress up your regular work attire like in this outfit below.
Don’t wear them for an entire day – Put these earrings on at the last moment before going out. Since they do tend to get heavy it would be wise to not wear them for a long period of time. Reserve them for nights out rather than all-day glamour.
Do – Wear chandeliers at any age. Everyone deserves a little glamour. I often hear middle-age women say they are too old to pull off this look. I couldn’t disagree more. Ladies, put them on! They are look fab whether you’re 20, 40, 60, etc.
Do you wear chandelier earrings? Tell us how you like to wear yours.
My favorite Summer accessories are bangles! These stackable bracelets come in endless designs, colors and materials which makes wearing them fun and helps complete your Summer look. The warm weather calls for short sleeves, tanks or tube tops therefore leaving your arms bare to be draped in bangles.
I often hear people who love the look of stacking bangles but they don’t know how to achieve the look themselves. There are no real rules to this style but here’s a few helpful tips on how we recommend to wear your bangles:
1. Only stack on one arm and leave the other bare or be bold and wear a chunky ring on the opposite hand. Stay away from bold earrings & necklaces with this look. Keep all your other jewelry simple & minimal.
2. Wear one eye catching bangle as the central point. If you don’t have a statement bangle add a watch as the focal point and have other bangles surrounding it.
3. Wear 4 to 6 bangles at a time for an everyday look. Add a few more for a more dramatic look . You should adjust the number depending on the size of bangles and your wrist. A full arm of bracelets gets uncomfortable so as tempting as it is don’t overdo it.
4. Stick with complimentary colors. You can either chose to stick to one color using different shades of it if you’d like or you can use colorful shades that compliment each other like coral and turquoise. When mixing different colors, it’s always good to throw in some silver and other neutral tones to balance out the colors.
5. Use different textures; mixing metals with leather, threaded cord or beaded bracelets. Stacking bangles does not mean you can only use traditional metal-based bracelets. Play around with beads like Shamballa bracelets or a leather strap to get a street-style look.
Most importantly, have fun with dressing up your arm with bangles!
Like all great (and not-so-great) trends, they keep coming back in style. I’m happy to say neon is back!!! For the first time, this trend has extended past the teeny-bopper crowd and has been incorporated into high fashion. So if you’re over the age of twenty and want to avoid looking like you just stepped out of the 80’s, here’s some tips on how to wear neon.
1. Use the minimalist approach: When it comes to neon colors, the trick is to stay with a very simple look. Wear clean cut clothing without too much detail.
2. Contrast with Black. The chicest way to wear neon is to pair it with pitch black to really let the colors pop. This creates a dramatic contrast perfect for a night out in the Summer.
3. Keep it casual in neutrals. For a more casual look, pair neon such as yellow or green with whites, nudes and other neutral colors to tone down the impact of the vibrant color.
4. Accessorize in neon. If you’re not quite ready for neon to be draped on your body start off with neons in just your accessories such as your jewelry, shoes or purses. Designer Vita Fede has fabulous neon bracelets that are favorites of stars such as Jessica Alba and Halle Berry. These leather bracelets can be worn with both casual and dressier outfits.
5. Color Block. For the brave ladies who are ready to stand out in a crowd, try to color block with neon. Pair neon with other ultra-bright colors. For example you can sport a neon yellow top with bright blue skirt and hot pink belt. Here are my color-blocking tips.
Here’s an example of how we’re wearing neon this Summer. Would you wear this outfit?
Prom season is here! Every young girl is scouring to find the most beautiful dress and jewelry to make the boys drool. The options can be overwhelming for a young girl so to save some time I’ll fill you in on my top 5 jewelry picks for prom this year.
1. Drop earrings: A popular hair style for teen girls at prom is to have up-do’s and drop earrings such as chandeliers are a must with this look. The way these earrings sway while you dance the night away will make any girl feel glamorous on this special night.
2. Pearls: Always a classic choice. I find young girls love wearing pearls because it makes them feel older. For a more modern take on pearls, wear long strands of pearls layered over your gown. I love the look of big pearl studs like these diamond & cultured pearl earrings.
3. Bracelets: There’s lots of bracelet choices available and your final selection should depend on your dress. With a simple gown you can dress it up with a sparkly cuff. If you have a short colorful dress I’d play on the youthful look with stacking a few bangles together. For more elaborately detailed gowns a classy tennis bracelet would be best to not look too flashy.
4. Simple Necklace: Most of the jewelry I’ve mentioned so far are dramatic pieces that grab a lot of attention. Since you don’t want to over-do it I always suggest a very simple pendant necklace. If the rest of your jewelry is very minimalist then you can do a statement necklace.
5. Cocktail Ring: Girls love rings! The bigger the better for prom night. If you are wearing more understated bracelets or none at all I would definitely consider wearing a bold cocktail ring. Don’t forget to get a mani since everyone will have their eyes on your hands.
Child birth is no easy feat so new moms deserve to be treated with a little something from their hubby. This is known as a push present. This new gift trend is very popular among celebs. Rumor has it that Jessica Simpson is expected to receive $30,000 worth of jewelry from her fiance. That’s a tad excessive but a small sparkly gesture is nice to give to any new mom. Jewelry is the most common push present.
Here are our Top 5 Push Present Ideas at Ice:
1. Personalized Jewelry: It’s always nice to receive jewelry with a personal touch. I’ve told you about Katie Holmes wearing an “S” initial pendant for her daughter Suri and Jessica Alba has been seen wearing one too. It’s such a cute idea. Mother’s Rings are also extremely popular. You can get rings featuring your children’s birthstones and even have them engraved with their names.
2. Diamonds! When asking several women what they would like to receive as a push presents almost all of them mentioned diamond studs, diamond tennis bracelet or diamond pendants. My co-worker Jennifer who is preggers with her second baby received a beautiful diamond band and is hoping for a second one once the baby is born. (Hint Hint to her husband if he’s reading this) Any new mom would be thrilled to receive diamond jewelry.
3. Gemstone Rings: Not everyone is a diamond kinda gal and there is a huge array of colorful gemstones that you’re bound to fall in love with. If you want to steer away from the traditional birthstones pick out some alternative rocks like morganite or tanzanite. This is a chance to get that fabulous ring you’ve had your eye on.
4. Mother & Me Jewelry: We have a line of pendants designed by Petra Azar that is inspired by the love between a mother and her child. The pendant is a sweet heart shape that resembles a mother holding her baby. The plus side of this is it has a magnetic clasp so you can easy take on and off.
We also have adorable matching bangle bracelets from the Mom and Me Collection. We have matching bangles in adult and children sizes so you and your little princess can lookalike. So cute! Love this idea.
5. Pink & Blue Jewelry: Without a doubt the most popular colors of jewelry are pink and blue which are the perfect colors to represent a new baby girl or boy. If you’re having a girl I highly recommend anything with morganite, pink sapphire or opals. These pink topaz studs are also very pretty. There’s a large variety of blue gemstones to choose from to represent your new boy. A favorite is definitely blue topaz.