Hello and Happy Birthday, August Babies!
Welcome to the Wonderful World of Peridot!
Here are five FUN facts about the gemstone, Peridot.
1. Volcano? Peridot is found with the rocks created by volcanoes. In Hawaii, Pele, the Goddess of Volcanoes, is known to have peridot tears!
2. Desert, too! A large amount of peridot is mined in Arizona! There is even a city named after the gemstone!
3. That’s Ancient! Peridot is so old, it was found to be in Egyptian jewelry in 1500 B.C. The Egyptians called it the ‘Gem of the Sun’!
4. Napoleon and Josephine! Not only is peridot Napoleon’s birthstone, it’s said that he gave the stone to Josephine to show his undying love for her!
5. You have what? ICE.com has a great selection of Peridot jewelry for every budget!
Be Beautiful ~ Tara