Hello and Happy Birthday, July Babies!
Welcome to the Wonderful World of Ruby!
Here are five FUN facts about the gemstone, Ruby:
1. There’s no Place like Home! You know we can’t talk about Rubies without talking about Dorothy’s red slippers! Did you know that in the original novel, the slippers were silver? Yep! For the 1939 film, they changed them to Ruby red to take advantage of the (then new) Technicolor film process! There’s no place like home! There’s no place like home!
2. Jessica Simpson Said YES to Ruby! Jessica Simpson’s engagement ring is a huge (over 5 carats!) Ruby, flanked with two very nice sized white diamonds! Hubby also got a ruby in his custom wedding band to complement Jessica’s! While Jessica’s birthday is in July, the color red represents so much more to the couple!
3. The Liberty Bell Ruby…Largest Ruby Ever! The Liberty Bell Ruby was the largest mined in the world! Found in the 1950’s in east Africa, weighed four pounds, was 8500 carats and was sculpted into a mini Liberty Bell. It was valued at $2,000,000, until it was stolen!
4. The King of Gems! The Ruby, known for bestowing fortune, is the second hardest mineral…beat only by the diamond! Wow…fortune and brawn…I’m game!
5. You have what? ICE.com has a great selection of Ruby jewelry for every budget! Yes, even you!
We are excited to start the New Year off with such a beautiful, rich stone! Be sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook. We have some great ruby gifts and sales to share with you and you don’t want to miss any of it!
You Tell Me: Would you enjoy a colored gemstone for an engagement ring? Are you more traditional? Or would you be thrilled no matter what?
Be Beautiful ~ Tara