Dad’s often get a bad rap as being unfashionable. While I think this is becoming less and less true all the time, In honor of Fathers Day, I wanted to point out five fashionable fathers from the Hollywood ranks to show that dad-dom doesn’t have to mean loafers and tucked in T-Shirts.
5. Patrick Dempsy. Father to Tallulah Fyfe, Sullivan and Darby.Â Perhaps best known as “McDreamy”, Patrick Dempsy has been breaking hearts for decades. Patrick likes to stick to the basics – black suit, white shirt, black tie, or a grey v-neck sweater pulled over a striped button down shirt. He keeps his look timeless and classic, with his favorite style essential: that heartbreaking smile.
4. David Beckham. Father to Brooklyn, Cruz and Romeo, with a fourth on the way sometime this summer with wife Victoria. It’s telling that the term “metrosexual” was originally used to describe this pretty-boy soccer player.Â Beckham takes basics and wears them out of context, never afraid to break style rules (like a plaid shirt worn with a cardigan and tie). Still, some more accessible staples are long wool scarfs, a classy watch and a man-purse.
3. Brad Pitt. Father to 6 children, which could go up by the time this is published. Brad’s look is never overdone, he’s practically the epitome of laid back cool. He might be seen wearing a vintage-looking jacket with the top button undone on his shirt or faded jeans with a well-worn t-shirt and a nice scarf. He also likes to rock out thick necklaces that peek out from his v-necks.
2. Will Smith. Father to Trey, Jaden and Willow. This dapper dad always looks drop-dead gorgeous. He’s mastered the elegant-yet-relaxed look with slick blazers over more casual tops. He also never shys away from wearing unexpected colors and patterns like pastels and suits with shine. Speaking about shine, you can almost always catch him wearing sparkly diamond studs in both ears.
1. Johnny Depp. Father to Lily Rose and Jack. Now this one one dirty, hot, sexy daddy. His style follows few rules other than “have attitude”. As GQ noted, he is an “icon of eccentric cool”.Â He’s often seen in lots of layers of grungy-chic fabulousness, but its his use of accessories that really makes the outfits: fedoras, bandanas, silver necklaces or dog tags, quirky sunglasses and the like.
What makes your dad (or husband) a fashionable father? If you’re looking for some Father’s Day gift ideas shop our men’s jewelry section.
Photo by PR Photo