Prom season is here! Every young girl is scouring to find the most beautiful dress and jewelry to make the boys drool. The options can be overwhelming for a young girl so to save some time I’ll fill you in on my top 5 jewelry picks for prom this year.
1. Drop earrings: A popular hair style for teen girls at prom is to have up-do’s and drop earrings such as chandeliers are a must with this look. The way these earrings sway while you dance the night away will make any girl feel glamorous on this special night.
2. Pearls: Always a classic choice. I find young girls love wearing pearls because it makes them feel older. For a more modern take on pearls, wear long strands of pearls layered over your gown. I love the look of big pearl studs like these diamond & cultured pearl earrings.
3. Bracelets: There’s lots of bracelet choices available and your final selection should depend on your dress. With a simple gown you can dress it up with a sparkly cuff. If you have a short colorful dress I’d play on the youthful look with stacking a few bangles together. For more elaborately detailed gowns a classy tennis bracelet would be best to not look too flashy.
4. Simple Necklace: Most of the jewelry I’ve mentioned so far are dramatic pieces that grab a lot of attention. Since you don’t want to over-do it I always suggest a very simple pendant necklace. If the rest of your jewelry is very minimalist then you can do a statement necklace.
5. Cocktail Ring: Girls love rings! The bigger the better for prom night. If you are wearing more understated bracelets or none at all I would definitely consider wearing a bold cocktail ring. Don’t forget to get a mani since everyone will have their eyes on your hands.
Tell us what your favorite prom looks are.