Even with all the excitement the Fashion Weeks has brought recently, our favorite runway is the Oscars red carpet. Like most of you, I had my eyes glued to the TV last night watching all the beautiful stars strut down the red carpet. Here are our favorite jewelry looks of the night.
1. Choker Necklaces: One of my favorite looks of the night was shockingly Michelle Williams. The adorable actress hasn’t been choosing the most exciting gowns recently but her coral Louis Vuitton dress with peplum detail was a knock-out! (Style Tip: Peplum waists are THE go-to look this Spring) She didn’t over do it with jewelry but chose a diamond choker necklace and a jeweled bow brooch pinned on her dress. I think a simple pair of diamond studs wouldn’t have hurt but she looks lovely! Cameron Diaz, Penelope Cruz and Katie Holmes also rocked the choker look. Get the look for less at Ice.
2. Over-sized rings: The stars might not have worn huge necklaces or earrings at last night’s Oscars but they made up for it in the rings category. Ladies like their rings big! Gwyneth Paltrow, Jennifer Lopez and Stacey Keibler all wore statement rings that grabbed our attention.
3. Cuffs: The other over-sized look of the night went to cuff bracelets. Gwyneth Paltrow may have had an understated white gown but she still looked elegant and chic with the help of her cuff bracelet and cocktail ring. Viola Davis also paired a wide cuff with her emerald green gown.
4. Drop Earrings: I was expecting to see lots of chandelier earrings as we did at the Golden Globes but instead Hollywood’s beauties opted for drop earrings which are less dramatic but just as stunning. With drop earrings you have the opportunity to show off large diamonds or gemstones. Mila Jovovich, Angelina Jolie and Natalie Portman all looked drop-dead gorgeous in their drop earrings.
5. Sapphires: For the last few years emeralds have been the most popular colored gemstone on the red carpet and it was definitely there this year too but we were thrilled to see sapphires growing in popularity. Another woman who sported the peplum style was the hilarious Tina Fey who opted for a navy blue Carolina Herrara gown. She accessorized this look with blue sapphire chandelier earrings similar to these topaz or tanzanite earrings. Leslie Mann also looks gorg in blue sapphire jewelry.
These are our favorite jewelry looks from the 2012 Oscars. Now we want to hear from you in the comments below. What were your fave looks from this year’s Oscars?