Like all great (and not-so-great) trends, they keep coming back in style. I’m happy to say neon is back!!! For the first time, this trend has extended past the teeny-bopper crowd and has been incorporated into high fashion. So if you’re over the age of twenty and want to avoid looking like you just stepped out of the 80′s, here’s some tips on how to wear neon.
1. Use the minimalist approach: When it comes to neon colors, the trick is to stay with a very simple look. Wear clean cut clothing without too much detail.
2. Contrast with Black. The chicest way to wear neon is to pair it with pitch black to really let the colors pop. This creates a dramatic contrast perfect for a night out in the Summer.
3. Keep it casual in neutrals. For a more casual look, pair neon such as yellow or green with whites, nudes and other neutral colors to tone down the impact of the vibrant color.
4. Accessorize in neon. If you’re not quite ready for neon to be draped on your body start off with neons in just your accessories such as your jewelry, shoes or purses. Designer Vita Fede has fabulous neon bracelets that are favorites of stars such as Jessica Alba and Halle Berry. These leather bracelets can be worn with both casual and dressier outfits.
5. Color Block. For the brave ladies who are ready to stand out in a crowd, try to color block with neon. Pair neon with other ultra-bright colors. For example you can sport a neon yellow top with bright blue skirt and hot pink belt. Here are my color-blocking tips.
Here’s an example of how we’re wearing neon this Summer. Would you wear this outfit?