It’s a few months before Labor Day so now’s the time to deck out in your favorite all white outfit. We wanted to share our favorite tips for accessorizing a cute white summer dress. With such a plain canvas it can be tricky deciding what to pair with white. Here’s our favorite accessorizing tips.
1. Get tanned…without the sun: One of the summer’s best accessories for the summer is a nice tan. For those of us who didn’t have the luxury of sitting in the sun (protected with sunscreen of course) you can fake the look with accessories.
Pair your white summer dress with a tan colored belt, matching tan shoes and gold accessories like a great bangle, gold hoop earrings or Amber jewelry. The sight of white with light brown screams summer. Try it!
2. Bold Colors. You’re wearing a white canvas, do not be afraid to splash on bright bold jewelry such as:
- Blue Topaz and Turquoise are the preferred summer shades of blue, pair it with bright turquoise colored pumps.
- Ruby red jewelry against crisp white adds a sexy twist to the simple white look. Don’t forget to add some bright red lipstick and nail polish to complete the look
- Green Emeralds – Uma Thurman did it best at the Cannes Film Festival with stunning Emerald earrings.
3. Black & White, a match made in heaven. The classic look never fails to disappoint. Black diamonds are gorgeous and are great for both day and night outings. Don’t let the color fool you, these diamonds sparkle! You can also add a black belt or headband to include more black.
A fun twist to the black and white look is to pair it with bright colored pumps. Purple, blue, red, whatever you have.
* Style Tip! We know you may have a couple of weddings to attend this summer but please skip out on wearing a white dress to it. Brides hate when guests wear white to weddings!