I’m thrilled to announce the launch of new designer watches at Ice! You’ll notice over 500 new watches now available by designers such as Michael Kors, Gucci, Fossil, Guess, Movado and many many more.
A watch is a piece of jewelry that everyone needs to have and makes a great gift for anyone on your list. With the holidays just around the corner I highly recommend giving a watch and maybe get one for yourself too. ;) There are so many men’s and women’s styles available whether their style is classy, sporty or more trendy.
Hot watch trends this year are big chunky metal watches for women. Metal watches are not just in silver anymore. Pink (Rose Gold) colored watches are huge right now as well as bronze, gold and blue metals. Tortoise shell is also very hot right now in watches and Michael Kors (pictured right) does it right.
Explore all new designer watches at Ice for both men and women. Plus almost all styles are now on sale up to 60% off!
Gray is a popular shade this season – softer than black, richer than white. But while the hue is often paired with silver, adding some gold accessories will offer your outfit a burst of color and infuse the look with warmth.
A gold pendant is a great way to break up an all-gray ensemble. Pendants look especially stylish when worn against a solid gray turtleneck or a simple long-sleeved t-shirt. Avoid wearing a long necklace with a garment that features an elaborate pattern as the pendant is likely to get lost in an ornate design.
A gold watch is a timeless accessory that will add warmth and flash without compromising the outfit's sophistication. Sport the timepiece with a gray sheath dress for a work-appropriate look that boasts a subtle amount of shine.
Finally, gold chandelier earrings will heat up a gray formal ensemble. Look for super sparkly items that will sizzle.
The Holiday season is almost upon us, and many are feeling the beginnings of gift-giving panic. Here are 5 fool-proof ways to please the ladies on your list.
1. Diamonds. They really are a girl’s best friend. Diamonds come in a variety of colors. You can find a colored diamond that suits your girl’s personality, making the gift that much more personal. Whether it be a diamond pendant or a pair of earrings, these gems can jazz up any ensemble. Diamonds come in all shapes and sizes (and price points too!) making them perfect for women of all ages.
2. Birthstones. Chic pieces featuring their birthstones will be thoughtful and personal. A beautiful necklace or bracelet with the gem from their month will show that you put extra thought into the gift. Consider searching for a ring featuring her birthstone at its center. If the stone is flanked by diamonds – all the better!
3. A gold watch. A gorgeous gold watch is a timeless gift they’ll wear well for the rest of their lives. Not only is a gold watch a practical gift, it is a fabulous one as well. Every time they go to check the time they’ll lift their sleeve and see that beautiful gift you gave them and think of you. The best part is that this piece can be worn casually around the home or during a romantic dinner out.
4. Pearl earrings. Every girl should own a pair. If your best friend, daughter or wife doesn’t â€¦ fix that problem. ASAP. Pearl earrings are essential to any woman’s wardrobe. They can easily translate from the office or classroom to and evening out on the town. They can be dressed up or down, worn with jeans and a peacoat or a cute party dress. Don’t be surprised if they immediately become a staple item for the special lady in your life.
5. Have a simple gold or silver piece (bracelet, watch, locket or ring) inscribed with a personal message. Gold and silver jewelry pieces are timeless, and being able to add a personal touch will give the gift even more meaning.
Consult our Christmas Gift Giving Guide for more ideas.
Pair timeless garments with smartly sparkling pieces. Here’s what to wear:
Opulent gemstone earrings in rich colors will add that touch of shimmer to an otherwise basic ensemble. Whether you’re stepping out during the day in a classic peacoat or slipping on a cocktail dress for a party, emerald or sapphire earrings look fantastic.
Diamond-studded timepieces elevate even the most casual ensemble. A simple button-up shirt and jeans can be enhanced by a sparkling watch, but it will work in formal settings, too. Never take it off.
A strand of diamonds under a crisp Oxford shirt will create an unexpectedly luxe look. Just make sure you look classic, not stuffy: leave a few buttons undone and drape a beautiful diamond pendant across your neck.
Remember: a little glitter goes a long way. A few luxurious touches will make it easy to look pulled-together without spending hours agonizing over your outfit.
Watches aren’t just reliable timepieces – they’re an expression of your individual style that you’ll wear everyday. Women who are considering buying one should think about these five important details.
1. The Metal – If you’re looking for an everyday piece, it’s important to be comfortable with the metal you choose. Some women adore gold while others love silver, so make sure your watch reflects your preferences.
2. The Face – While some watches feature bold, easily-read numbers, others sacrifice legibility for a stylized appearance. If you’re using your watch solely as a timepiece, it’s important to choose one that can be read quickly. Those looking for a trendy accessory should feel free to purchase a piece that gets creative with its numerals.
3. The Purpose – When looking for a watch, women should think about where they will be showing it off. Those who will be sporting it at work may want to go for sleeker, toned-down pieces, while girls who are planning to paint the town red can choose ones that are unique and eye-catching.
4. The Comfort Level – As with all jewelry, a watch should be comfortable, no matter what time of day it’s being worn. Rough, scratchy or tight jewelry can ruin a girl’s day or night out. Women should make sure to stay away from metals they’re allergic to, or any other material they find uncomfortable.
5. The Overall Appearance – A watch comes in many different styles, so before browsing women should make sure they know if they’re going for a classic or trendy look. Those that want something timeless may opt for simpler, sleeker choices, while those yearning for what’s in vogue can choose appropriate colors for the season.
Finding the picture-perfect watch isn’t easy, but it’s worth it. Take the time to search high and low and you’ll wind up with a beautiful piece.
Most women love to have a piece of jewelry on their wrist, such as a bracelet or a watch. But, some may wonder if the two can be worn together.
The basic rule of thumb is to not overdo it when wearing the two pieces at the same time.
A slim chain or bangle may be paired with a watch – combining the accessory with classic and subtle pieces ensures that you won’t appear over-accessorized.
Those who prefer chunky watches can balance the look by wearing a bold cuff bracelet on the opposite wrist.
Also, it may be advisable to wear several bracelets on the same arm as that of your watch so that your timepiece blends well with the other jewelry.
Just a quick suggestion – if you’re planning on going all out on your wrists, try to keep it simple and avoid wearing eye-catching earrings and necklaces or rings. Remember, you don’t want to look overdone, so if you decide to wear bracelets and watches together, follow these few simple steps.