The day has come, the beautiful Kim Kardashian got married! It hasn’t been that long since we reported the engagement of Kim and her now husband Kris Humphries but they managed to pull off an extravagant wedding in only three months. You’ll be able to watch the whole event from the comfort of your home in a couple of months on E!. Until then, we’re excited to report on the details of the wedding here.
1. Celebrity Guests: 450 people were in attendance including celebs Eva Longoria, Ryan Seacrest, Kathy Lee Gifford, Spice Girl Mel B and Lindsay Lohan. Some guests had to be cut from the list last minute to make room for E! film crew. Ouch!
2. Wedding party: The color scheme for the extravagant wedding was a classy black and white. The only time it’s ok for other woman to wear white to your wedding is when you have a B&W color scheme. Sisters Khloe and Kourtney served as co-maid of honors and Kendall, Kylie and the groom’s sister Kaela were the bridesmaids in ivory gowns that have been described as “very Pippa”. Kim has said on numerous occasions that she wanted her wedding to be bigger and better than the Royal Wedding. Not sure if that was accomplished but a girl can dream.
3. The Jewels: Kim wore a jeweled headpiece adorning with diamonds, some falling gracefully on her forehead. A very different look than I wasn’t expecting on her wedding day but she pulled it off in true Kardashian style. She also wore gorgeous drop earrings which we have a very similar pair at Ice at a much more affordable price. There was an absence of a necklace but with all the sparkly diamonds on her headpiece it was probably best to not look too overdone.
4. Food & Entertainment: Singer Robin Thicke sang his soulful song Angels for Mr & Mrs. Humphrie’s first dance and legendary Earth, Wind & Fire performed during the rest of the night along with a DJ. Wolfgang Puck prepared an array of tasty treats for the guests. Sticking with their B&W theme the wedding cake was chocolate and vanilla. Sounds like a boring flavor for such a glamorous wedding but I’m sure it was delicious.
5. The Dress(es): Vera Wang designed the custom-made Ivory strapless gown with a full tulle skirt, basque waist and Chantilly lace appliqué and a lonnngggg train. That was the main dress for the ceremony. The bride then changed into two other dresses throughout the night including a mermaid gown.
And that’s not the end of it ! Apparently they will be having another reception in NYC at the end of August. Why? I’m not sure but we’ll be looking out for it.
Wedding season is here! With the hilarious new movie Bridesmaids in theaters, it got me thinking of when I’ve been a bridesmaid in the past few years. It really is an honor to be chosen and a lot of fun. I personally love planning bridal events and all that hoopla so it’s such a joy for me but it is a LOT or work. So as a bridesmaid it’s always nice to get a little gift from the bride and groom to say thanks for being a part of their special day.
As my thank you gifts, I’ve always received jewelry and was thrilled with every item. Weddings are of course expensive and you want to show your wedding party that you care within a reasonable price range. Here are five jewelry bridesmaids gifts that would be perfect for your favorite ladies that won’t cost you a fortune.
1. Bangle Bracelets: I may be biased since I bought these in every color but I absolutely LOVE these CZ bangles! They make a gorgeous gift and they only cost $85 each. So depending on your budget you can get them also in Silver or Yellow & Pink Rhodium. Plus for that price you can also get the matching earrings for only $50 in Silver, Yellow or Pink too.
2. Pearls: Yes they are classic, timeless pieces. We’ve heard it all before. So why not get them for your bridesmaids? She doesn’t need to wear them on your wedding day (she can if she wants) but she would really appreciate having them in her collection to dress up a casual outfit or to sophisticate a dressier ensemble. There is a great set of a Pearl necklace & matching earrings on Ice.com for only $95.
4. Colorful pendants – Sometimes bridesmaid dresses have very intricate designs and most often come in an array of colors. A nice touch would be to add a simple colorful pendant that matches the dress like these Citrine and Garnet pendants. There’s also matching earrings.
5. Get personal! A great gift idea is getting personalized jewelry with your bridesmaid’s names on a silver or gold pendant. Or you can also get something with their birthstone or zodiac sign.
There you have it! Some inexpensive gift ideas that will make your bridesmaids forgive you for all the bridezilla moments over the last few months.
What’s your favorite bridesmaid gift you’ve received?
Valentine’s Day is a classic day for wedding proposals. Did you get engaged this Valentine’s Day? If so, congratulations! You’ll have so much planning to do and things to think about. Let me help you lessen the stress by making a few jewelry recommendations for the big day.
A consistently elegant choice, a diamond-encrusted band is extremely impressive without making the wearer appear to be a showoff. Your clothes might match this sentiment, with tiny details and low-key designers making the outfit, like a TSE dress matched up with traditional diamond studs, an ageless Bottega Veneta bag, subtle Bvlgari sunglasses, and topped off with a whisper of Chanel perfume.
Who needs one best friend when you can have at least three? If you prefer multi-stone engagement rings, chances are youâ€™re into wearing flashy pieces on other parts of your body, too. When going out, you might favor a Betsey Johnson dress worn with Tory Burch wedges and a metallic bag to get yourself noticed, and colorful stones like a pair of emerald earrings or a garnet necklace add zing to your look.
Marquis (or marquise) cuts are wonderful because their shape often makes the diamond look larger than it actually is. The savvy woman who decides on this cut might make equally as calculated choices in her wardrobe, choosing pieces for their ability to tastefully and conservatively flatter, like a Theory dress paired with pearl earrings and Stuart Weitzman heels, matched with a pashmina and a suede clutch.
No matter what your style, there’s a wedding ring out there that will match the perfection of your special day.
Ahh, ’tis the time for hopeless romantics. Hope springs eternal, they say, and that is never more true than it is with love. Even when we’ve been burned once or twice (or three times, or…keep counting, I know) all it takes is someone’s true tale of love found to melt our hearts like the spring thaw. With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, I went snooping for good love stories that might exist right under my nose.
Well, ladies and gentleman, I found one.
I recently spoke to Britta Dreckmann, who acts as manager of our customer relations call center. She just celebrated her one year anniversary with us on February 9, as well as an anniversary of another kind. I’ll allow her to explain:
Well, I had just gotten out of a long relationship and I was in Montreal and feeling very alone. All my friends were already coupled or married. I had just started working at American Airlines and had this awful 4am shift at the airport. There was another woman who worked with me, Joanne, and we started carpooling together. It wasn’t long before we became good friends.
Then one day when I was at her house and looking through her family photo albums. She turned the page and all of a sudden there was this man in a blue sweater looking right at me. I can’t tell you what it was about this photo but all of a sudden I had butterflies in my stomach. I asked “Joanne, who IS that?” Continue reading →