These Winter days are getting colder and colder which means I’m adding more and more layers to my outfits and covering up as much as possible to stay warm. Although layering can be a fun and cute look, it is cutting into my room to accessorize. I normally love wearing a lot of bangles but with thick long sleeves keeping me warm the bangles are not standing out like they normally do. So my favorite type of accessory in the colder months is a great long necklace.
If you’re wearing a turtleneck or high-cut blouse a beautiful V-shaped necklace will add a little oomph to your outfit. I love the look of V-shaped necklaces, they remind me of flapper girls whom always looked so glamorous. The shape of these necklaces also create a sexy look which is sometimes hard to pull off in the Winter months.
One of the latest jewelry trends that I love love love is spikes! I’ve always been attracted to the edgy look of spikes but they were often found in biker-like looks that weren’t very feminine. I’m ecstatic that jewelry designers have brought this rocker look to us with a much more polished take.
Celeb Jewelry Designer Vita Fede is one of my faves when it comes to spike jewelry. Their designs, made in Italy, come in sterling silver, rose gold & yellow gold. You can choose from spiked rings, earrings or bracelets or pair them up for an extra fierce look.
Vita Fede’s spike jewelry is available with (or without) sparkly Swarovski crystals for an extra bang. So gorgeous! Celebs have been seen everywhere from elegant red carpets to street style rocking their spike jewelry.
What do you think of the spike jewelry trend? Would you rock this look?
Like all great (and not-so-great) trends, they keep coming back in style. I’m happy to say neon is back!!! For the first time, this trend has extended past the teeny-bopper crowd and has been incorporated into high fashion. So if you’re over the age of twenty and want to avoid looking like you just stepped out of the 80’s, here’s some tips on how to wear neon.
1. Use the minimalist approach: When it comes to neon colors, the trick is to stay with a very simple look. Wear clean cut clothing without too much detail.
2. Contrast with Black. The chicest way to wear neon is to pair it with pitch black to really let the colors pop. This creates a dramatic contrast perfect for a night out in the Summer.
3. Keep it casual in neutrals. For a more casual look, pair neon such as yellow or green with whites, nudes and other neutral colors to tone down the impact of the vibrant color.
4. Accessorize in neon. If you’re not quite ready for neon to be draped on your body start off with neons in just your accessories such as your jewelry, shoes or purses. Designer Vita Fede has fabulous neon bracelets that are favorites of stars such as Jessica Alba and Halle Berry. These leather bracelets can be worn with both casual and dressier outfits.
5. Color Block. For the brave ladies who are ready to stand out in a crowd, try to color block with neon. Pair neon with other ultra-bright colors. For example you can sport a neon yellow top with bright blue skirt and hot pink belt. Here are my color-blocking tips.
Here’s an example of how we’re wearing neon this Summer. Would you wear this outfit?
There’s nothing like strolling the streets of Italy on a warm day, grabbing a gelato at a little cafe and people-watch all the gorgeous and stylish Italians going about their day. That’s how I feel when I see the luxurious jewelry collection by Vita Fede.
The Vita Fede Collection is all made in Italy…Florence to be exact. (One of my favorite cities in the world!) Many of the pieces are sleek in yellow gold, rose gold and silver pieces that make a bold statement. These pieces are often seen on the TV show Gossip Girl. Although each of the Vita Fede pieces is bold enough to make an outfit on it’s own, it is designed to be mixed, matched and layered to suit each person’s individual style.
They also carry these must-have leather cuff bracelets. They come in a variety of colors featuring five layers of leather and a chain link that look awesome with jeans and a tee. Love these! I’m not the only one gushing over Vita Fede jewelry, celebs such as Halle Berry, Jessica Biel and Anne Hathaway have all been seen in these bracelets. Rihanna, Jennifer Hudson and Fergie are also fans of the designer.
The modern blend of leather and metals in the Vita Fede Collection makes for the perfect urban chic look. Designer Cynthia Sakai uses American, European and Asian influence in her designs. The jewelry is classic and sophisticated but with a modern rock twist that we love!
The ideal woman who is both a classic beauty but with a rocker chicness to her is Angelina Jolie. She looked hot on the cover of Marie Claire magazing wearing the ultra-cool Futturo ring from Vita Fede. This ring comes in rose gold, yellow gold and sterling silver.