Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. You’ve probably noticed store aisles of stuffed animals, chocolates & flowers but we all know what women really want… jewelry. There are so many different options to choose from for jewelry gifts. Men normally tend to stick with the traditional heart shaped red gemstone pieces….which are cute and we’d be happy to receive any of them. But this year, we’d love to receive any of these non-traditional Valentine’s Day gifts that still feel romantic without over-doing the typical Valentine’s Day themes.
1. Watches: Big watches are very in right now, also known as “boyfriend watches”. The style is to have a large face on the watch with a bulky metal band. Yellow & Rose Gold are hot watch colors right now so definitely consider this as an option. If you’re not sure if she likes colored gold, you could always opt for this white Michael Kors watch.
2. Studs: This is a great gift idea! Any woman would be thrilled to receive a pair of sparkly diamond studs or colorful gemstone studs. Simple with a big impact!
3. Statement Bracelet: Girls love receiving large jewelry pieces from their man. I highly recommend a stylish designer bracelet like this Vita Fede one (pictured below). I am a big rose gold fan and it makes a nice tie in with the romance of Valentine’s Day but with a modern, more stylish turn with this chain-link design.
4. Heart Ring: Ok I had to put at least one heart shaped piece of jewelry on this list but it’s not your traditional heart. This stylish smokey quartz ring is set in a fierce looking hear shape. Love the diamonds surrounding the ring to give it some extra sparkle.
5. The Splurge gift: A fabulous diamond piece of jewelry is always the best answer. A way to say I love you without a heart piece is with a beautiful infinity symbol. How beautiful is this shiny diamond infinity necklace?
Of course, if you’re ready to take the leap, an engagement ring would also be nice.
Ok so it happens every year. You’re busy. You forgot to buy a Valentine’s gift. Luckily there’s still a day or two left to get something good. Here are 5 last minute gift ideas to get for your gal for Valentine’s Day.
1. Heart Pendants- Since you’ve waited this long to buy a gift, chances are you don’t know her ring size so play it safe and get her a pretty pendant…preferably in a heart shape. This Ruby Heart Pendant is by far our most popular heart pendant. No women will be upset after receiving this. If red isn’t her color it’s also available in green emerald and pink sapphire. If she loves them you can get her the matching earrings for the next occasion (or as an added gift this year to make up for any previous years you missed).
2. Love Pendant – Show your love (literally) with these necklaces. One of the love pendants is written in diamonds and silver (pictured right) and the other style in diamonds and pink gold. These are cute and playful and could be a romantic way to say the “L” word for the first time.
3. Studs- A must have gift for V-Day is a pair of stud earrings. I’ve never met a woman who doesn’t like studs. Now the question is diamond or gemstone? Diamond studs are more suitable if you have been together for awhile and we have sizes available for every budget. For a more playful gal you can get her gemstone studs, choose the color based on what her favorite color or birthstone is.
4. Sexy Earrings – Romance is definitely in the air on V-Day and all women want to feel sexy so why not help her out with jewelry. There is something about the Valencia dangle earrings that is very sexy. For an even more seductive look, where your hair up with them. These dangle earrings come in green, blue & black Onyx, Carnelian and Smoky Quartz.
5. A beautiful bracelet is a great accessory for all outfits and one that is sure to please for V-Day is the famous Pink Sapphire bracelet that our customers adore. I will be shocked if she doesn’t gasp when she opens this gift.
Hope this gets you out of the dog house! If you’re still looking for more ideas don’t forget to check out our Gift Guide.
Ladies, share this blog post so your valentine doesn’t forget this year.
Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! Report back to us on how it went.
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and we have some new jewelry pieces that will make your heart melt. Whether your style is classic, contemporary or even sporty we have the right piece that will put a smile on your face. Attention guys – DO NOT get her a kitchen appliance unless you enjoy sleeping on the couch.
Here’s a helpful guide for finding the right jewelry from our new heart collection. Ladies, send your hints to your men or don’t wait around and treat yourself.
For the classic gal: You know what you like and it’s white diamonds, classic gemstones, pearls, simple shapes and cuts. Don’t go nuts and try to pick something out of the norm. Keep it simple but not boring like this ruby and diamond heart pendant or this white diamond heart pendant.
For the fashionista: If you are in the know with the latest trends and always ready to drape yourself in sparkly bling and beautiful fabrics then you definitely should consider getting these CZ bangle bracelets with adorable heart charms on them. These must-have bangles come in silver, pink, black and yellow rhodium. They look great alone or you can layer a couple of them together for a glamorous look. For an added glam factor this morganite and black diamond heart ring in rose gold (pictured right) is a show-stopper!
For the sporty diva: You may not be the most girlie girl but you still have a desire for a little sparkle in your life. The perfect jewelry for this type of girl who doesn’t want anything too feminine is black diamond jewelry. They are sparkly but in a more subdued fashion that won’t take you out of your comfort zone. This black diamond heart pendant is a good match or cable bracelets & rings would also do the job.
One of the most romantic days of the year is on it’s way! Valentine’s Day is less than 4 weeks away but we’re so excited for it we’re starting our new Sweepstakes early!
We’re giving away daily jewelry prizes for two weeks leading up to Valentine’s Day. Also, on Feb. 14 we’ll give away $1000 to spend at Ice.com! How sweet is that?
Simply fill out your name and email on our Valentine’s Day Sweepstakes page and you’ll be entered. Don’t forget to leave us a comment on the page on what Valentine’s Day is all about for you this year. We’ll also feature a few comments on the page that made us laugh or touched us,Â so join in on the fun!
Valentine’s Day is a classic day for wedding proposals. Did you get engaged this Valentine’s Day? If so, congratulations! You’ll have so much planning to do and things to think about. Let me help you lessen the stress by making a few jewelry recommendations for the big day.
A consistently elegant choice, a diamond-encrusted band is extremely impressive without making the wearer appear to be a showoff. Your clothes might match this sentiment, with tiny details and low-key designers making the outfit, like a TSE dress matched up with traditional diamond studs, an ageless Bottega Veneta bag, subtle Bvlgari sunglasses, and topped off with a whisper of Chanel perfume.
Who needs one best friend when you can have at least three? If you prefer multi-stone engagement rings, chances are youâ€™re into wearing flashy pieces on other parts of your body, too. When going out, you might favor a Betsey Johnson dress worn with Tory Burch wedges and a metallic bag to get yourself noticed, and colorful stones like a pair of emerald earrings or a garnet necklace add zing to your look.
Marquis (or marquise) cuts are wonderful because their shape often makes the diamond look larger than it actually is. The savvy woman who decides on this cut might make equally as calculated choices in her wardrobe, choosing pieces for their ability to tastefully and conservatively flatter, like a Theory dress paired with pearl earrings and Stuart Weitzman heels, matched with a pashmina and a suede clutch.
No matter what your style, there’s a wedding ring out there that will match the perfection of your special day.
You definitely don’t need a man this Valentine’s Day to make your holiday super special. If the thought of romance turns your tummy, consider doing something nice for yourself. The ladies pictured here are having a fun night out on their own.
Check out the heart pendant on the lady in the middle. She knows that heart jewelry doesn’t have to be sticky-sweet. No, you can use heart jewelry with irony to create a fierce rock ‘n roll look. For the price of a bottle of decent champagne you can get this sterling silver crystal heart pendant – it’s on SALE for just $35.
That sexy, bad girl look only works if you add a little black to your outfit. One way to spice up any occasion is with inky black onyx. A great pick would be this white topaz and black onyx sterling silver pendant. It’s also on sale – priced at just $47.50. This trendy over-sized pendant will help you shine at your next party or special occasion. Its bulky look makes a big impression and gives you that edge without having to take out a mortgage.
Ahh, ’tis the time for hopeless romantics. Hope springs eternal, they say, and that is never more true than it is with love. Even when we’ve been burned once or twice (or three times, or…keep counting, I know) all it takes is someone’s true tale of love found to melt our hearts like the spring thaw. With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, I went snooping for good love stories that might exist right under my nose.
Well, ladies and gentleman, I found one.
I recently spoke to Britta Dreckmann, who acts as manager of our customer relations call center. She just celebrated her one year anniversary with us on February 9, as well as an anniversary of another kind. I’ll allow her to explain:
Well, I had just gotten out of a long relationship and I was in Montreal and feeling very alone. All my friends were already coupled or married. I had just started working at American Airlines and had this awful 4am shift at the airport. There was another woman who worked with me, Joanne, and we started carpooling together. It wasn’t long before we became good friends.
Then one day when I was at her house and looking through her family photo albums. She turned the page and all of a sudden there was this man in a blue sweater looking right at me. I can’t tell you what it was about this photo but all of a sudden I had butterflies in my stomach. I asked “Joanne, who IS that?” Continue reading →
Goodness! This February sure has been a rough weather month for many parts of the country. You may very well be reading this today from the comfort of you home and enjoying a “snow day” from work. Considering all this cold weather, this Valentine’s Day you may be tempted to give one of those “blankets with sleeves” that strangely have sold like hotcakes this year. Well, save your money! Nothing warms the heart and soul like a thoughtful gift of jewelry for Valentine’s Day.
The one thing Jewelry and the you-know-what have in common is that they’ll always be the right size (although it is possible that your lady may think the gemstones and diamonds should be bigger!) Do yourself a favor and cross the “will it fit” worries off your list. If your sweetheart has a more sophisticated style, take a look at this freshwater cultured pearl and carnelian bracelet. This chunky bracelet is perfect for daytime wear but will add a touch of sexy red to an evening ensemble too. Can we say “Date Night”?
For the ultimate red jewelry for Valentine’s Day, you have to go for rubies. Get in good with a gift of this ruby sterling silver heart pendant. With 20 bright red rubies, this pendant shows up a dozen red roses any day.
ICE.com is honored to help support Montel Williams’ special “Living Well” show and new book about healthy, happy living. In celebration, each week for the next 8 weeks, we’ll be giving away 10 fabulous diamond heart pieces. But for the February 14th episode, we have a very special Valentine’s Day planned. During this live show, William Paulk will ask the love of his life to marry him. And ICE.com supplying a breathtaking 1 1/4 Carat Diamond 14K White Gold Bridal Engagement Ring. ICE Exclusive: $2,595 or 10 payments of $259.50