One of the biggest jewelry trends of 2013 is jewelry with “hammered” or textured metals. Nobody can deny we’re all lovers of sleek fine jewelry but it’s fun to mix it up a bit with an edgier look. The hammered look is exactly what it sounds like, the metal is delicately hammered to create grooves in the metal like you see in the yellow gold Amethyst ring pictured right. This technique adds an earthy matte feel to the jewelry that fits so nicely with Fall & Winter wardrobe.
Another organic feeling jewelry design is having the metal textured with what looks like being rubbed with sandpaper like in this Rose Quartz Ring below. The Valencia Collection has a wide variety of colorful gemstone earrings, bracelets & necklaces all set in this style of textured gold metal.
What do you think of hammered or textured jewelry? Would you wear it or you prefer traditional sleek and shiny jewelry?
Have you noticed the sweet music featured in our product videos at Ice? Over the past few months, we’ve partnered with some of the most talented musicians in the indie scene. One of our newest artist’s we’ve featured is funky blues singer Laura Cheadle.
This New Jersey native already has four albums under her belt. She’s shared a stage with The Jonas Brothers, Sister Hazel and Spin Doctors to name a few. Her music highlights her soulful voice with a bluesy sound. We’re excited to feature many of the songs off of Laura’s latest album “Change (It’s Alright)” in our jewelry videos. You can hear some of these songs in videos for the fabulous Valencia Collection and some best sellers like our angel cuff bracelet and blue & white sapphire bracelet.
Here’s a taste of one of the product videos featuring a clip of Laura Cheadle’s song “Live On”. This video also happens to be part of Laura Cheadle’s Jewelry Selections.
Ok so it happens every year. You’re busy. You forgot to buy a Valentine’s gift. Luckily there’s still a day or two left to get something good. Here are 5 last minute gift ideas to get for your gal for Valentine’s Day.
1. Heart Pendants- Since you’ve waited this long to buy a gift, chances are you don’t know her ring size so play it safe and get her a pretty pendant…preferably in a heart shape. This Ruby Heart Pendant is by far our most popular heart pendant. No women will be upset after receiving this. If red isn’t her color it’s also available in green emerald and pink sapphire. If she loves them you can get her the matching earrings for the next occasion (or as an added gift this year to make up for any previous years you missed).
2. Love Pendant – Show your love (literally) with these necklaces. One of the love pendants is written in diamonds and silver (pictured right) and the other style in diamonds and pink gold. These are cute and playful and could be a romantic way to say the “L” word for the first time.
3. Studs- A must have gift for V-Day is a pair of stud earrings. I’ve never met a woman who doesn’t like studs. Now the question is diamond or gemstone? Diamond studs are more suitable if you have been together for awhile and we have sizes available for every budget. For a more playful gal you can get her gemstone studs, choose the color based on what her favorite color or birthstone is.
4. Sexy Earrings – Romance is definitely in the air on V-Day and all women want to feel sexy so why not help her out with jewelry. There is something about the Valencia dangle earrings that is very sexy. For an even more seductive look, where your hair up with them. These dangle earrings come in green, blue & black Onyx, Carnelian and Smoky Quartz.
5. A beautiful bracelet is a great accessory for all outfits and one that is sure to please for V-Day is the famous Pink Sapphire bracelet that our customers adore. I will be shocked if she doesn’t gasp when she opens this gift.
Hope this gets you out of the dog house! If you’re still looking for more ideas don’t forget to check out our Gift Guide.
Ladies, share this blog post so your valentine doesn’t forget this year.
Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! Report back to us on how it went.
The jewelry in our newest collection is one of the reasons why I absolutely love working for a fashion-forward company like Ice. The Valencia Collection is full of real & fabulous pieces that are so on trend right now. Everything that I love about my favorite jewelry pieces can be found in this collection – bold, vibrant color, bangles, long necklaces & dramatic earrings. I love this collection!
What you’ll find in the Valencia Collection are double checkboard cuts in pear and off-round shapes. These drop earrings, long necklaces and bangle bracelets all come in plated 22K yellow gold and feature real gemstones including: Quartz, Carnelian and green, blue & black Onyx. The great thing about the bangles is that they come in 2 sizes! Whether you have smaller or larger wrists, these beautiful Valencia bangles will fit.
The best part of this collection besides the beauty is the the prices! They are very affordable, making them a great idea to use as a stocking stuffer. I definitely wouldn’t mind receiving one of these in my stocking. Which piece is your favorite?