Rings have always been one of our favorite jewelry categories. From engagement rings to cocktail rings to dainty right hand rings, we love them all! But I do want to remind you about the sometimes forgotten pinky finger. Rings are most commonly adorned on the “ring finger”, your middle finger or your thumb. I think it’s time you give some love to your little pinky.
We’ve seen our favorite fashionable stars like Sarah Jessica Parker and Jennifer Lopez in huge cocktail rings on their pinkies. Depending on your personal style or your outfit you can pretty much pull off any kind of ring on your pinky. We love chunky rings especially with large gemstones like this Purple Amethyst ring for a night out (pictured below). Delicate simple bands are great for everyday. I stacked a couple of bands for an extra boost of color you can see in the pic above.
We have lots of rings now available in smaller ring sizes such as 4 and 5 to fit your pinky. Check out our ring selection to find the right size for you. Whenever I find a fabulous ring that isn’t available in my size I don’t let that small detail effect me. I just get a smaller size for my pinky or larger for my thumb. Pinky rings will be a big trend in 2013. Will you be trying it out?
All the recent excitement of awards season paying tribute to the best movies of the year got us thinking of all our favorite jewelry featured in some great classic movies. After asking around the Ice.com office and our Facebook and Twitter friends these were the favorites:
1. Titanic – As if you had any doubt that the Heart of the Ocean necklace would make the list. Was it the iceberg that sank the Titanic or all the women on the boat drooling over Rose’s necklace? Too graphic? Let’s move forward. Contrary to what many believe, the breathtaking heart pendant is not a blue diamond but made of blue cubic zirconium for the movie. The jeweler was also asked to make another version of the necklace which featured 170-carat Sapphires and diamonds totaling $3.5 million which was worn by Celine Dion at the 1998 Academy Awards.
2. Pretty Woman – Best scene in the movie? We think so. When Edward hands Vivian the box and snaps it closed in front of her causing her infectious laughter to take over is classic movie history. (Which wasn’t scripted by the way) What a classic beautiful Ruby & Diamond necklace to match perfectly with her gorgeous red gown and white gloves. I must re-watch this movie soon.
3. Gentleman Prefer Blondes – The jewels Marilyn Monroe wore while performing “Diamonds are a Girl’s Best Friend” in the movie is iconic. She wears so many it’s hard to even point out one piece. She wore diamond necklaces, earrings, rings and bracelets galore with a hot pink gown and matching gloves. Simply gorgeous!
4. Sex & The City 2 – Carrie Bradshaw definitely helped put black diamonds on the map. When Big gave Carrie a 5 carat black diamond ring saying “because you are not like anyone else” did you not fall in love with him more? I was personally always an Aidan fan but Big got points with me for that one.
5. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days – This was a fan generated vote. Thank you to the Facebook fans that voted for the stunning 84 carat yellow diamond Isadora necklace Kate Hudson’s character wore in a key scene in the movie.