Child birth is no easy feat so new moms deserve to be treated with a little something from their hubby. This is known as a push present. This new gift trend is very popular among celebs. Rumor has it that Jessica Simpson is expected to receive $30,000 worth of jewelry from her fiance. That’s a tad excessive but a small sparkly gesture is nice to give to any new mom. Jewelry is the most common push present.
Here are our Top 5 Push Present Ideas at Ice:
1. Personalized Jewelry: It’s always nice to receive jewelry with a personal touch. I’ve told you about Katie Holmes wearing an “S” initial pendant for her daughter Suri and Jessica Alba has been seen wearing one too. It’s such a cute idea. Mother’s Rings are also extremely popular. You can get rings featuring your children’s birthstones and even have them engraved with their names.
2. Diamonds! When asking several women what they would like to receive as a push presents almost all of them mentioned diamond studs, diamond tennis bracelet or diamond pendants. My co-worker Jennifer who is preggers with her second baby received a beautiful diamond band and is hoping for a second one once the baby is born. (Hint Hint to her husband if he’s reading this) Any new mom would be thrilled to receive diamond jewelry.
3. Gemstone Rings: Not everyone is a diamond kinda gal and there is a huge array of colorful gemstones that you’re bound to fall in love with. If you want to steer away from the traditional birthstones pick out some alternative rocks like morganite or tanzanite. This is a chance to get that fabulous ring you’ve had your eye on.
4. Mother & Me Jewelry: We have a line of pendants designed by Petra Azar that is inspired by the love between a mother and her child. The pendant is a sweet heart shape that resembles a mother holding her baby. The plus side of this is it has a magnetic clasp so you can easy take on and off.
We also have adorable matching bangle bracelets from the Mom and Me Collection. We have matching bangles in adult and children sizes so you and your little princess can lookalike. So cute! Love this idea.
5. Pink & Blue Jewelry: Without a doubt the most popular colors of jewelry are pink and blue which are the perfect colors to represent a new baby girl or boy. If you’re having a girl I highly recommend anything with morganite, pink sapphire or opals. These pink topaz studs are also very pretty. There’s a large variety of blue gemstones to choose from to represent your new boy. A favorite is definitely blue topaz.
Would you appreciate a push present?