Child birth is no easy feat so new moms deserve to be treated with a little something from their hubby. This is known as a push present. This new gift trend is very popular among celebs. Rumor has it that Jessica Simpson is expected to receive $30,000 worth of jewelry from her fiance. That’s a tad excessive but a small sparkly gesture is nice to give to any new mom. Jewelry is the most common push present.
Here are our Top 5 Push Present Ideas at Ice:
1. Personalized Jewelry: It’s always nice to receive jewelry with a personal touch. I’ve told you about Katie Holmes wearing an “S” initial pendant for her daughter Suri and Jessica Alba has been seen wearing one too. It’s such a cute idea. Mother’s Rings are also extremely popular. You can get rings featuring your children’s birthstones and even have them engraved with their names.
2. Diamonds! When asking several women what they would like to receive as a push presents almost all of them mentioned diamond studs, diamond tennis bracelet or diamond pendants. My co-worker Jennifer who is preggers with her second baby received a beautiful diamond band and is hoping for a second one once the baby is born. (Hint Hint to her husband if he’s reading this) Any new mom would be thrilled to receive diamond jewelry.
3. Gemstone Rings: Not everyone is a diamond kinda gal and there is a huge array of colorful gemstones that you’re bound to fall in love with. If you want to steer away from the traditional birthstones pick out some alternative rocks like morganite or tanzanite. This is a chance to get that fabulous ring you’ve had your eye on.
4. Mother & Me Jewelry: We have a line of pendants designed by Petra Azar that is inspired by the love between a mother and her child. The pendant is a sweet heart shape that resembles a mother holding her baby. The plus side of this is it has a magnetic clasp so you can easy take on and off.
We also have adorable matching bangle bracelets from the Mom and Me Collection. We have matching bangles in adult and children sizes so you and your little princess can lookalike. So cute! Love this idea.
5. Pink & Blue Jewelry: Without a doubt the most popular colors of jewelry are pink and blue which are the perfect colors to represent a new baby girl or boy. If you’re having a girl I highly recommend anything with morganite, pink sapphire or opals. These pink topaz studs are also very pretty. There’s a large variety of blue gemstones to choose from to represent your new boy. A favorite is definitely blue topaz.
There’s always a party, movie premiere, fundraising event that you can catch the hottest celebrities at any night of the week. A few sparkly celeb sightings this week caught my eye that I wanted to share with you lovelies.
First up is Jenny from the block wearing a handful of sparkly diamond rings at Pure Nightclub in Las Vegas this past weekend. I’ll all for big statement pieces and loved that she paired it with silver nail polish. My co-worker Elissa has been sporting silver polish lately and it’s fabulous! What do you think of Jennifer Lopez’s look – do you think 4 large rings worn at the same time is too much?
The Big Bang Theory star Kaley Cuoco was also seen in Vegas this weekend sporting a simple initial necklace. This caught our eye not only because the initial is covered in diamonds but because we’ve been seeing another “K” girl sporting a very similar necklace. Katie Holmes has been seen over a dozen times wearing this initial necklace but with the “S” initial for her daughter Suri as we covered in a previous post.
Rachel Evan Wood always looks edgy and dramatic but remains classy. We adore that she loves black diamonds just as much as us. She’s often seen on the red carpet showing off her black diamond studs with her cropped hair cut. At the LA premiere of the George Clooney/ Ryan Gosling’s new movie The Ides of March Rachel went with a black and white look. She layered multiple necklaces with more black diamonds and white pearls. Love this style and they look a lot like this long black diamond necklaces and a long pearl & agate necklace from Ice. These both can be layered to create a similar look to Rachel’s.
Those were my favorite celeb jewelry looks this week. Did any stars catch your eye this week?
Wearing jewelry is a way to show your personality to the world. Some jewelry is simply pretty and part of a fashion trend but some allow you to tell a story or share a memory. These are the jewelry pieces that you will cherish forever. I’m excited to introduce to you the Persona Charms Collection at Ice. These charm bracelets and necklaces allow you to express and create a unique piece of jewelry that’s perfect for you.
Design Your Own Persona
With just a few clicks you can create your own charm bracelet or necklace customized to how you want it. Just go over to Ice.com and click “Design Your Own” in the Persona Charms Collection section. I had fun creating my first Persona bracelet. All you have to do is choose the chain you want and then pick your favorite charms and beads to bring life into the bracelet. There’s a wide array of crystal, glass, gemstone, gold and silver charms and beads to choose from.
Take a look at what I created.
Don’t feel like creating your own charm bracelet but still love the look of them? We got you covered with starter bracelets. We put together some of our most popular charms and beads in pre-designed bracelets for you. They come in different color palettes like pink, gold, blue and green.
We’ve spotted actress Katie Holmes several times wearing an adorable initial pendant. The one she was adorning was not a “K” but an “S” for her little princess Suri.
We have initial pendants similar to Katie’s at Ice.com accented with diamonds. Most often we hear of our customers buying them for themselves or friends/family. We absolutely love the idea of getting the pendant of your children’s initials. It’s so thoughtful and something that can be passed down to them later on when they start wearing more jewelry.