Even though you might see the colors red and green plastered everywhere with Christmas on it’s way, the real color of the month is blue. Cool icy blue topaz is December’s birthstone and without a doubt one of the most popular gemstones at Ice. Here’s a few fun facts about blue topaz that you might not have known.
1. There are three main shades of blue topaz – Sky, Swiss and London Blue. Sky and Swiss are on the lighter side while London Blue is a much deeper blue color, almost resembling sapphire. (The ring pictured to the right features both London blue and sky blue topaz.)
2. It is believed that topaz can cool boiling water when thrown into a pot (and to cool down hot tempers as well). I will believe it without trying it – wouldn’t want to risk damaging my blue topaz jewelry. ; )
3. Topaz is actually near colorless or white but through natural or man-made heat the stones come in a variety of colors. Aside from the most popular blue, you can find topaz in pink, yellow, red, green and several other color variations.
4. When gifted to a loved one, the blue topaz symbolizes eternal love and faithfulness.
5. There are also two alternative blue gemstones known to be December’s birthstone – Tanzanite and Turquoise. Each are different but all have a beautiful blue color.
SHOP OUR ENTIRE COLLECTION OF BLUE TOPAZ JEWELRY
Have any of you been attending New York Fashion Week shows? Or following it on Twitter like me? I love all the excitement around all the latest fashion trends hitting the runways. It’s so much fun to see all the glamorous models and beautiful clothes and accessories. One designer I had my eye on was Zac Posen. I managed to get a glimpse of his 2012 Spring Collection and was drooling over the evening gowns that are totally red carpet worthy.
Since the Emmy Awards are this Sunday I thought it might be fun to pick a few of Zac Posen’s gowns and predict who might wear it on the Emmy red carpet. At last year’s Emmy’s Mad Men actress Christina Hendricks wore a feathery lavender Zac Posen gown that definitely turned heads.
Take a look at these gowns and tell us who you can image wearing it at the Emmy’s.
This satin gown, with the combination of bold jewelry has a beautiful old Hollywood feel to it. Stunning. I can see this look on classy stars like Leighton Meester from Gossip Girl or Christina Applegate who will be staring in a new TV comedy Up All Night. Past Emmy winner Claire Danes would also shine in this gown.
This curve-hugging dress has Kim Kardashian or Jennifer Lopez written all over it. However, I wouldn’t mind seeing someone like 30 Rock’s Jane Krakoski or Jennifer Love Hewitt in something like this to change it up.
Even though this is technically a Spring collection, I think this shade of blue is so perfect for Fall. Especially paired with the blue jewels the model is wearing. Would look great paired with London Blue Topaz jewelry I hope someone walks the red carpet with it. I’m picturing some young starlets like Blake Lively or Lea Michelle of Glee. Perhaps even Eva Longoria, she looks ravishing in everything.
Leave it to model Coco Rocha to deliver this show stopper gown. Isn’t it beautiful? You have to be a true star to wear something like this. I’d love to see Emmy nominees Gwyneth Paltrow or Kate Winslet in this or something similar. A nice cuff bracelet would complete this look.
What do you think of these gowns? Which stars do you predict will wear these looks?
The rule is you can’t wear white after Labor Day. We are total rule breakers and encourage you to break this rule BUT if you want to keep with tradition we respect that. Keep the Summer alive with this nautical themed Labor Day outfit. Whether your celebrating the long weekend with a getaway or BBQ with family and friends this outfit is perfect for either.
You can easily get the nautical look by putting on those white jeans one last time this year with a cute striped tank and navy blazer to instantly create the perfect nautical look.
Add a touch of color with your accessories. For this outfit I chose red wedges, sunglasses and a splash of ruby red nail polish. Ice recently launched a collection of cuff bracelets called Tattooed Steel, one of which I added in this Polyvore set that complemented to color palette of this outfit. Also included in this set is the popular London Blue Topaz studs, these are beautiful!
Would you wear this look? Do you have any special plans for the Labor Day long weekend?