Now that Spring has officially sprung that means wedding season is kicking off. This is the busiest time for brides to take care of all the last minute details for their wedding and thankfully they have their trusty bridesmaids by her side to help. As a gesture of your appreciation you should always give a gift to say thank you to your favorite gals.
Jewelry is the perfect gift idea since it saves them the trouble of finding jewelry to wear on your wedding day. Here are some of my favorite ideas.
1. Statement Earrings: The most popular bridesmaid dresses are usually strapless leaving exposed shoulders to either do a fabulous pair of statement earrings or a great necklace. Not both together, that would be overkill. If you decide to go the earrings route, chandelier earrings and drop earrings are my pick for a fabulous gift idea.
2. Color-coordinated gemstones to match the color of their dress is always a fantastic idea. Popular bridesmaid dress colors for 2013 are purple (pair with an Amethyst stone), pink (Pink Sapphire) and blue (Blue Topaz, or Aquamarine). With the huge variety of colorful gemstone jewelry, you can always find something to match whichever color your bridesmaids will be draped in.
3. Initial Pendants are a nice personal gift. We have some beautiful diamond encrusted initial pendants in cursive writing which makes them much more elegant.
4. Bangles will put a smile on any bridesmaid’s face. It’s a safe & easy gift that almost all women love. Many bangle designs can be very glamorous, perfect for evening wear on your wedding day.
5. Cocktail Rings are always a huge hit at a glamorous event such as a wedding. On the night of your wedded bliss let your favorite ladies shine with a statement sparkler on her finger too. You can’t be the only one sporting a big rock on your hand. There are lots of different styles and gemstones to choose from to fit perfectly which each bridesmaid’s individual style.
What was the best bridesmaid gift you ever received?
Ok so it happens every year. You’re busy. You forgot to buy a Valentine’s gift. Luckily there’s still a day or two left to get something good. Here are 5 last minute gift ideas to get for your gal for Valentine’s Day.
1. Heart Pendants– Since you’ve waited this long to buy a gift, chances are you don’t know her ring size so play it safe and get her a pretty pendant…preferably in a heart shape. This Ruby Heart Pendant is by far our most popular heart pendant. No women will be upset after receiving this. If red isn’t her color it’s also available in green emerald and pink sapphire. If she loves them you can get her the matching earrings for the next occasion (or as an added gift this year to make up for any previous years you missed).
2. Love Pendant – Show your love (literally) with these necklaces. One of the love pendants is written in diamonds and silver (pictured right) and the other style in diamonds and pink gold. These are cute and playful and could be a romantic way to say the “L” word for the first time.
3. Studs– A must have gift for V-Day is a pair of stud earrings. I’ve never met a woman who doesn’t like studs. Now the question is diamond or gemstone? Diamond studs are more suitable if you have been together for awhile and we have sizes available for every budget. For a more playful gal you can get her gemstone studs, choose the color based on what her favorite color or birthstone is.
4. Sexy Earrings – Romance is definitely in the air on V-Day and all women want to feel sexy so why not help her out with jewelry. There is something about the Valencia dangle earrings that is very sexy. For an even more seductive look, where your hair up with them. These dangle earrings come in green, blue & black Onyx, Carnelian and Smoky Quartz.
5. A beautiful bracelet is a great accessory for all outfits and one that is sure to please for V-Day is the famous Pink Sapphire bracelet that our customers adore. I will be shocked if she doesn’t gasp when she opens this gift.
Hope this gets you out of the dog house! If you’re still looking for more ideas don’t forget to check out our Gift Guide.
Ladies, share this blog post so your valentine doesn’t forget this year.
Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! Report back to us on how it went.
Turkey, stuffing, pumpkin pie….the list goes on of what to look forward to next Thursday on Thanksgiving. But once all the eating and family fun is over, it’s time to plan the Black Friday shopping extravaganza. If you’ve ever gone out on this extreme shopping day, you know the horror stories of crowded malls, waiting in line for hours, hair pulling…you get the point. Nothing anyone really enjoys.
Luckily Ice makes it easy for you to shop from home and you still get to enjoy the amazing savings. If you’re looking for gifts for your loved ones or yourself we’re sure you’ll find a piece of jewelry from Ice that you’ll love. Also, we don’t limit ourselves to only one day of sales. On both Black Friday and Cyber Monday, you can save up to 50% on a selection of fabulous jewelry. If you don’t see anything you like in the collection, you can save 15% sitewide* at Ice.
Wedding season is here! With the hilarious new movie Bridesmaids in theaters, it got me thinking of when I’ve been a bridesmaid in the past few years. It really is an honor to be chosen and a lot of fun. I personally love planning bridal events and all that hoopla so it’s such a joy for me but it is a LOT or work. So as a bridesmaid it’s always nice to get a little gift from the bride and groom to say thanks for being a part of their special day.
As my thank you gifts, I’ve always received jewelry and was thrilled with every item. Weddings are of course expensive and you want to show your wedding party that you care within a reasonable price range. Here are five jewelry bridesmaids gifts that would be perfect for your favorite ladies that won’t cost you a fortune.
1. Bangle Bracelets: I may be biased since I bought these in every color but I absolutely LOVE these CZ bangles! They make a gorgeous gift and they only cost $85 each. So depending on your budget you can get them also in Silver or Yellow & Pink Rhodium. Plus for that price you can also get the matching earrings for only $50 in Silver, Yellow or Pink too.
2. Pearls: Yes they are classic, timeless pieces. We’ve heard it all before. So why not get them for your bridesmaids? She doesn’t need to wear them on your wedding day (she can if she wants) but she would really appreciate having them in her collection to dress up a casual outfit or to sophisticate a dressier ensemble. There is a great set of a Pearl necklace & matching earrings on Ice.com for only $95.
4. Colorful pendants – Sometimes bridesmaid dresses have very intricate designs and most often come in an array of colors. A nice touch would be to add a simple colorful pendant that matches the dress like these Citrine and Garnet pendants. There’s also matching earrings.
5. Get personal! A great gift idea is getting personalized jewelry with your bridesmaid’s names on a silver or gold pendant. Or you can also get something with their birthstone or zodiac sign.
There you have it! Some inexpensive gift ideas that will make your bridesmaids forgive you for all the bridezilla moments over the last few months.
What’s your favorite bridesmaid gift you’ve received?