I have no shame in admitting I’m a sucker for watching Gossip Girl. It’s dramatic, funny, sexy and fashionable. Every character on the show has a top-notch wardrobe full of high-end designers. It’s incredibly fun to see what new outfits will appear in every scene. Main characters Serena and Blaire are the focus of the show played by Black Lively and Leighton Meester but Serena’s mother Lily often steals the spotlight with her classy yet sexy fashion sense. I recently came across this photo of the stars on the set of the show and couldn’t help but drool when I saw Lily’s necklace.
Lily is played by Kelly Rutherford who I find has a very similar style on and off screen. Her necklace is draped with large clear crystals that kind of look like rocks. If you want to get a similar look, Ice has a very similar style crystal bracelet (pictured right) from our SNO of Sweden Collection. It’s a large statement piece that will go with many outfits since the crystal chips are clear.
Would you wear large clear statement pieces like these?
Fall is filled with earth tone colors such as brown, grey, green, etc. but there’s always room to throw in some bright colors into the mix. Here’s a few of my favorite bracelets that will add an incredible boost of color to your outfit.
Topaz bracelet: It’s no doubt that blue topaz is one of our customer’s favorite gemstones and this bracelet alone made me a believer as to why so many women drool over this gem. The blue color is bright yet transparent and combined with silver makes this bracelet look a lot more pricey then it actually it is. See the bracelet for yourself. Very similar styles of this bracelet also come in purple amethyst, green amethyst and citrine.
Amber & Diamond Cuff: This orangy-yellow amber is more aligned with the traditional Fall colors we’re used to. I never really thought of amber in jewelry before I saw this piece and it’s matching amber necklace. It pleasantly surprised me how beautiful it was and I absolutely love the silver detail on this cuff bracelet.
As we all know a little black dress is a must-have in your closet. Even if you only have one or two LBDs the trick to changing up the look for each occasion is with your accessories. Often times, people think of their LBD as safe or boring. Ladies, wearing all black is not boring, it’s the prefect opportunity to have fun with your look. Let your accessories stand out! I love putting on one main statement piece and going a little simpler on the rest of the accessories. A great statement piece is this new black & white diamond cuff bracelet from Ice.
As soon as I saw these new bracelets at Ice I knew they would be the perfect accessory for a LBD. Of course you can wear them with other outfits but I can’t help but imagine how gorgeous they would look in all black on a nice evening out or a fancy schmancy party. This Diamond Heart Bangle will add a nice touch of romance and class to your outfit – sure to grab the attention of many.
If you are part of the Ice.com mailing list or our Facebook fan you’ll notice that every Thursday we have a We Love Thursday sale. Thursdays are one of our favorite days of the week since everyone is in such a great mood because the weekend is so close! ;)
I wanted to share this week’s sale with you because you should really take advantage. We have bracelets on sale! Stock up on your gifts now cuz these items won’t be here much longer.
What are your favorite kinds of bracelets? Bangle, Cuff, charm, tennis bracelets?
When it comes to animalistic jewelry, few style are as alluring as snake-inspired pieces. But when rocking serpent-shaped pieces, there are three things to keep in mind for a truly fantastic look.
1. Stick to one animal. If wearing a snake bangle bracelet, refrain from pairing it with a bird-shaped pendant or a leopard print dress. Instead opt for a simple ensemble and basic accessories that won’t detract from or contrast with the unique jewelry.
2. Don’t over-indulge. Piling on a plethora of snake-inspired pieces can be overwhelming. One great serpent-shaped statement piece, however, can go a long way.
3. Pick the right occasion. A chunky snake-shaped bracelet may be too funky for a black-tie affair, but a delicate ring would look simply stunning.
This year, there are plenty of exciting new trends hitting the runways. Among the most popular looks this season are clothing items and jewelry pieces inspired by years past. Want to rock the look? Here are a few ways you can try it:
1. Wear a pin. Hats and scarves are great accessories, but a brooch on a cardigan is supreme. However, pay attention to this special piece – remember to remove it from your sweater before throwing clothes in the washing machine!
2. Don bracelets over your gloves. This is a look that would make Audrey Hepburn proud, (and one that will keep you warm in the wintertime). To execute flawlessly, select gloves that are thin and well-fitting, as bracelets paired with loose knits can look frumpy.
3. Cocktail rings – even at the office! While you may be used to sporting these statement pieces on nights out on the town, a cocktail ring is a great way to add retro flair to any outfit. Floral shapes, colored stones and elaborate settings are ideal.
This year, don’t feel badly about dwelling on the past – what was once old is now new again!
Many women might feel a little blue when the cold weather hits, but accenting your winter wardrobe with fun pieces can help cheer you up.
1. Pile on the bangle bracelets. During the winter a girl shouldn’t be afraid to stack bangles around her wrist. Don’t go overboard, but the addition of glittering bangles can take a winter wardrobe from drab to fab.
2. Opt for bright pieces: turquoise pendants, emerald earrings, pink sapphire bracelets. The easiest way to add a little cheer to your look is by adding color. Just because your winter clothes consist mainly of blacks and grays doesn’t mean a pop of color can’t be added. The best way to start the day is by throwing on your favorite piece of jewelry in a rich tone that immediately catches the eye.
3. Choose fun items: a cocktail ring with a unique embellishment or a pendant in an unexpected shape will create interest and be a fun accent to your outfit. Necklaces with interesting shapes and pendants are just one of many options for ladies during the winter. Cocktail rings with bright hued gems and intricate patterns make for excellent additions to anyone’s wardrobe.
The Holiday season is almost upon us, and many are feeling the beginnings of gift-giving panic. Here are 5 fool-proof ways to please the ladies on your list.
1. Diamonds. They really are a girl’s best friend. Diamonds come in a variety of colors. You can find a colored diamond that suits your girl’s personality, making the gift that much more personal. Whether it be a diamond pendant or a pair of earrings, these gems can jazz up any ensemble. Diamonds come in all shapes and sizes (and price points too!) making them perfect for women of all ages.
2. Birthstones. Chic pieces featuring their birthstones will be thoughtful and personal. A beautiful necklace or bracelet with the gem from their month will show that you put extra thought into the gift. Consider searching for a ring featuring her birthstone at its center. If the stone is flanked by diamonds – all the better!
3. A gold watch. A gorgeous gold watch is a timeless gift they’ll wear well for the rest of their lives. Not only is a gold watch a practical gift, it is a fabulous one as well. Every time they go to check the time they’ll lift their sleeve and see that beautiful gift you gave them and think of you. The best part is that this piece can be worn casually around the home or during a romantic dinner out.
4. Pearl earrings. Every girl should own a pair. If your best friend, daughter or wife doesn’t â€¦ fix that problem. ASAP. Pearl earrings are essential to any woman’s wardrobe. They can easily translate from the office or classroom to and evening out on the town. They can be dressed up or down, worn with jeans and a peacoat or a cute party dress. Don’t be surprised if they immediately become a staple item for the special lady in your life.
5. Have a simple gold or silver piece (bracelet, watch, locket or ring) inscribed with a personal message. Gold and silver jewelry pieces are timeless, and being able to add a personal touch will give the gift even more meaning.
Women couldn't make it through the day, let alone the year, without their best friends. So, when the holidays roll around, what should you get the ladies in your life?
Pearl stud earrings. A pair of simple stud earrings will last them for years but won't break the bank. Also, they make for an easy to way spice up any ensemble. Whether adding some flair to a casual weekend look, or being worn to a formal event, pearl earrings are a go-to accessory.
A smooth silver bracelet with a sweet and simple message engraved. Anyone can buy a gift and just hand it off, but adding a personal touch makes it truly special. A silver bracelet can be worn with anything, and every time your bff looks at it she'll think of you.
A charm bracelet with single charm. Each year you can add to the accessory with another meaningful keepsake. You can find charms that capture your bestie's personality, helping to truly make it a custom gift that comes from the heart.
With autumn in full gear, it is a great time to wear fantastic jewelry that enhances the latest fall fashions, but many women may not be sure how to rock their baubles to best accent their fresh duds. Continue reading →