One color I can’t get enough of lately is brown. I’m surprised I’ve taken such a liking to it. I always thought of it as boring and “old” looking. These days when I see it as rich and luxurious. Reminds me of delicious chocolate. Unfortunately chocolate isn’t fat free so I opt to wear the color in my jewelry, clothing and accessories.
There’s several different gemstones you can wear in your jewelry that will achieve this luxurious look. Indulge in these chocolate-hued gems:
Smokey Quartz: This is one of the richest chocolate brown hues you’ll find. It has incredible sparkle and is a deep brown that looks magnificent paired with pink metals. (pictured right)
Brown (Champagne) Diamonds: Anytime I talk about colored diamonds on Facebook our fans go nuts for brown diamonds. The color of these diamonds vary from light champagne to a dark chocolate color.
Brown Drusy: I’ve mentioned the trend in drusy jewelry a few months ago and it’s still going strong. Drusy is available in many different colors including brown. Seeing drusy in this color really makes for an earthy look perfect for Fall.
Chocolate (Brown) Pearls: Every woman should own at least one piece of pearl jewelry. Often white pearls are first to come to mind but chocolate pearls can be a fun way to spice up your typical pearl look.
Brown Agate is featured in several pieces in the Charles Albert Collection. These over-sized rocks are an ideal statement piece for the boho chic lady.
Will you be adding more brown pieces to your Fall wardrobe?
Isn’t it refreshing when a new trend comes along that stirs things up. Today, I want to talk about engagement rings and wedding bands. For the longest time yellow gold has rocked the settings of these bridal rings. In the last two two decades there’s been a switch towards white gold and platinum bands. Now, I’m delighted that pink (rose) gold has been sneaking it’s way into the bridal department.
We’ve all been falling in love with pink gold in right hand rings, pendants, bracelets, etc but now it’s making it’s way into engagement rings and wedding bands. Ice carries many pink gold rings featuring pink morganite stones that have been fan favorites for awhile. We’ve been hearing from a lot of our customers that they’ve been using them as engagement rings. We LOVE this idea! So we thought why not add a couple new engagement rings with diamonds set in pink gold.
The first one I want to show you (pictured right) is a stunning diamond ring. The pink gold setting gives it a vintage style yet feels very contemporary since it’s not common which makes this a much-desired style for brides. Our other diamond pink gold ring (pictured below) comes in a set with the wedding band in a much more traditional style. This is for the classic bride that is looking for something a little more unique for her ring without going too out there.
Would you like a pink gold engagement ring? If you want to see Ice carry more pink gold engagement rings, tell us in the comments below.
Fall always gets a bad wrap because it triggers that back to school feeling, end of Summer and the beginning of cold weather. But I have to say, it’s one of my favorite seasons. It’s beautiful and the fashion is always amazing! I want to share with you five jewelry trends that are hot for this Fall.
1. Gold – I’ve written previously about how yellow gold jewelry is very ‘in’ right now and I will repeat myself. Put on your yellow gold! It’s classic, it’s versatile and it’s very chic right now. If yellow gold really isn’t your thing then try out rose (pink) gold jewelry. It goes well with many skin tones and outfits. So ladies, leave the white gold & silver aside this year and strut around in yellow & rose gold.
2. Statement Pieces – Go big or go home this Fall! It’s no time to be shy with your baubles. In the necklaces department you’ve got bib necklaces, large pendants and chokers to stand out in. Chandelier earrings are big, beautiful and very feminine.
3. Layer Your Jewels – Layering bracelets is a must! I’m all for stacking bangles to make a bold statement. It’s a fun look that really grabs attention. But layering doesn’t have to end there…experiment with layering necklaces. Long and short pendants paired together. Big statement pieces paired with simple pendants. Play around with different looks to find the style that suits you best.
5. Nature Inspired Jewelry – Nature-toned colors are always popular in Fall such as orange, brown and green. You can show off these colors with beautiful gemstones such as carnelian, smoky quartz and drusy jewelry. Add some leaf, feather and floral designs in your jewelry for a nature inspired look.
There you have it! These are some of favorite jewelry trends we’ll be rocking this Fall. Which of these will you be wearing?
Without a doubt the most glamorous earrings you can wear are chandelier earrings. These have the biggest WOW factor when walking into a room and add instant glamour to any outfit. As beautiful as they are they are not always the easiest piece of jewelry to wear. Here are some do’s and don’t on chandelier earrings that I wanted to share with you.
Do – Select the right size for you. Depending on the shape of your face you can go smaller or bigger. If you’re very petite with small features steer clear from extra large earrings or they will just make you look smaller. Round face will be elongated with longer chandeliers.
Don’t wear with a statement necklace. Your earrings are a statement piece so no need to clutter your look by adding more bling around your neck. Stick with a simple pendant to accessorize but chances are you don’t even need it.
Do – Put your hair up. Show off the beauty of your chandelier earrings by putting your hair up in an elegant bun or high ponytail. Sweep your hair away from your ears to let your jewels really shine.
Don’t wear them to the office or during the day. Chandeliers are elegant and sexy. They dress up an outfit and sparkle beautifully at night. Not very professional for the office. If you really want to, opt for shorter chandeliers.
Do – Use them to dress up your daytime look. Chandelier earrings are the perfect accessory to go from daytime casual to nighttime chic with the same outfit. If you have plans after work, simply drape your ears with dramatic chandeliers to dress up your regular work attire like in this outfit below.
Don’t wear them for an entire day – Put these earrings on at the last moment before going out. Since they do tend to get heavy it would be wise to not wear them for a long period of time. Reserve them for nights out rather than all-day glamour.
Do – Wear chandeliers at any age. Everyone deserves a little glamour. I often hear middle-age women say they are too old to pull off this look. I couldn’t disagree more. Ladies, put them on! They are look fab whether you’re 20, 40, 60, etc.
Do you wear chandelier earrings? Tell us how you like to wear yours.
My favorite Summer accessories are bangles! These stackable bracelets come in endless designs, colors and materials which makes wearing them fun and helps complete your Summer look. The warm weather calls for short sleeves, tanks or tube tops therefore leaving your arms bare to be draped in bangles.
I often hear people who love the look of stacking bangles but they don’t know how to achieve the look themselves. There are no real rules to this style but here’s a few helpful tips on how we recommend to wear your bangles:
1. Only stack on one arm and leave the other bare or be bold and wear a chunky ring on the opposite hand. Stay away from bold earrings & necklaces with this look. Keep all your other jewelry simple & minimal.
2. Wear one eye catching bangle as the central point. If you don’t have a statement bangle add a watch as the focal point and have other bangles surrounding it.
3. Wear 4 to 6 bangles at a time for an everyday look. Add a few more for a more dramatic look . You should adjust the number depending on the size of bangles and your wrist. A full arm of bracelets gets uncomfortable so as tempting as it is don’t overdo it.
4. Stick with complimentary colors. You can either chose to stick to one color using different shades of it if you’d like or you can use colorful shades that compliment each other like coral and turquoise. When mixing different colors, it’s always good to throw in some silver and other neutral tones to balance out the colors.
5. Use different textures; mixing metals with leather, threaded cord or beaded bracelets. Stacking bangles does not mean you can only use traditional metal-based bracelets. Play around with beads like Shamballa bracelets or a leather strap to get a street-style look.
Most importantly, have fun with dressing up your arm with bangles!
Sofia B is a dramatic new collection of gold plated rings and earrings available in colorful gemstones at Ice. It’s so hard to choose a favorite from this collection but I have to say, the smokey quartz pieces are to die for. The pink and brown color combo sets a warm tone to any outfit whether in Summer or the cooler months. The collection also features Citrine, Amethyst and Aqua Chalcedony pieces if you’re looking for something a bit more vibrant. Stay tuned for bracelets and pendants to be added to the Sofia B mix soon.
The design for these items is a bold gemstone gently held by interlocking chains. I love the look of chain-link jewelry and this is a subtle way to get the look. I had the chance to try on many of the pieces in the collection and they are gorgeous! The stones have an incredible sparkle. Below is an Instagram pic I snapped of the stunning Amethyst ring in rose gold. The stone is large and sits up high so it’s very comfortable. You’ll love these pieces!
Blake Lively is always stunning on the red carpet and at the New York City premiere of her new movie ‘Savages’ was no exception. Looking gorgeous and ready for Summer wearing a floor length yellow chiffon Gucci dress along with two of Summer’s hottest jewelry looks: turquoise jewelry and stacked bangles.
Turquoise jewelry is the perfect Summer accessory! It doesn’t matter what year it is or what’s the latest trend, I recommend to wear turquoise every Summer. It looks fantastic with tanned skin and is always in style. It goes with just about everything from your basic black, browns and greys to your crisp whites and can be worn with coral tones. You can also do as Blake did and pair it with golden hues. It can be worn out for a night out on the town or for a casual day shopping.
I know the name of this jewelry trend sounds funny but I assure you everyone will take you seriously as an on-trend fashionista when you sport this look.
Are you wondering what a bib necklace is?
Also known as a collar necklace, bib necklaces have been around for a couple of years but has really taken off in 2012. These necklaces are usually made up of large gemstones and metals that take up most of your collar and chest..resembling a baby’s bib.
The peacock black pearl necklace (pictured right) is a great example of the bib necklace. Different variations of this look are available at Ice such as these multi-strand necklaces and this longer version of a bib with multi-layered black spinel.
This necklace style is the focus around an outfit. You can wear it with the plainest outfit such as jeans and a tee and it will transform your outfit immediately. It’s also a great way to disguise that little black dress you always turn to, to give it a whole new look. Bib necklaces look best with halter tops but play around with different looks to see how you can incorporate it with your wardrobe.
Like all great (and not-so-great) trends, they keep coming back in style. I’m happy to say neon is back!!! For the first time, this trend has extended past the teeny-bopper crowd and has been incorporated into high fashion. So if you’re over the age of twenty and want to avoid looking like you just stepped out of the 80’s, here’s some tips on how to wear neon.
1. Use the minimalist approach: When it comes to neon colors, the trick is to stay with a very simple look. Wear clean cut clothing without too much detail.
2. Contrast with Black. The chicest way to wear neon is to pair it with pitch black to really let the colors pop. This creates a dramatic contrast perfect for a night out in the Summer.
3. Keep it casual in neutrals. For a more casual look, pair neon such as yellow or green with whites, nudes and other neutral colors to tone down the impact of the vibrant color.
4. Accessorize in neon. If you’re not quite ready for neon to be draped on your body start off with neons in just your accessories such as your jewelry, shoes or purses. Designer Vita Fede has fabulous neon bracelets that are favorites of stars such as Jessica Alba and Halle Berry. These leather bracelets can be worn with both casual and dressier outfits.
5. Color Block. For the brave ladies who are ready to stand out in a crowd, try to color block with neon. Pair neon with other ultra-bright colors. For example you can sport a neon yellow top with bright blue skirt and hot pink belt. Here are my color-blocking tips.
Here’s an example of how we’re wearing neon this Summer. Would you wear this outfit?
There’s nothing like strolling the streets of Italy on a warm day, grabbing a gelato at a little cafe and people-watch all the gorgeous and stylish Italians going about their day. That’s how I feel when I see the luxurious jewelry collection by Vita Fede.
The Vita Fede Collection is all made in Italy…Florence to be exact. (One of my favorite cities in the world!) Many of the pieces are sleek in yellow gold, rose gold and silver pieces that make a bold statement. These pieces are often seen on the TV show Gossip Girl. Although each of the Vita Fede pieces is bold enough to make an outfit on it’s own, it is designed to be mixed, matched and layered to suit each person’s individual style.
They also carry these must-have leather cuff bracelets. They come in a variety of colors featuring five layers of leather and a chain link that look awesome with jeans and a tee. Love these! I’m not the only one gushing over Vita Fede jewelry, celebs such as Halle Berry, Jessica Biel and Anne Hathaway have all been seen in these bracelets. Rihanna, Jennifer Hudson and Fergie are also fans of the designer.
The modern blend of leather and metals in the Vita Fede Collection makes for the perfect urban chic look. Designer Cynthia Sakai uses American, European and Asian influence in her designs. The jewelry is classic and sophisticated but with a modern rock twist that we love!
The ideal woman who is both a classic beauty but with a rocker chicness to her is Angelina Jolie. She looked hot on the cover of Marie Claire magazing wearing the ultra-cool Futturo ring from Vita Fede. This ring comes in rose gold, yellow gold and sterling silver.