The colorful people at Pantone have spoken and declared Emerald Green THE color for 2013. You may remember last year’s color was Tangerine Orange which provided a nice burst of color to our year but I have to say I’m thrilled about Emerald being chosen this year. It’s one of my faves!
Emerald Green is a rich color that gives any outfit some elegance. Emerald gemstones have always been a big deal and recently celebs such as Beyonce and Kelly Osbourne have been showing off this gem more and more on the red carpet.
I love seeing vibrant green Emerald jewelry paired with neutral solid colors such as black, white, nude, gold. It makes the gemstone pop so beautifully. But it you’re feeling a little more adventurous I recommend pairing emerald with blues or purples. Think peacock colors – they all look so wonderful paired together. At all costs, try to avoid pairing it with red unless you want to look like Christmas. ; )
Check out the brand new Emerald jewelry pieces at Ice to help you get your Emerald green fix.
Will you be incorporating Emerald Green into your wardrobe or home decor this year?
It’s no secret that black is the most flattering color to drape yourself with in any season and at any event. If done right, black could be incredibly sexy, very professional or extremely dramatic. It’s so versatile but at the same time, it’s often seen as the ‘safe’ option or boring. The easiest way to spruce up your all-black look is to add yellow gold details and jewelry.
We’ve been seeing black & yellow gold paired together everywhere! It’s a HUGE trend right now but will always remain classic. Kate Hudson (pictured right) wore a gorgeous black and gold detail gown at the Golden Globes this past weekend. We’ve mentioned the comeback of yellow gold is really big right now but we think it looks it’s absolute best paired with crisp black clothing.
When wearing an all black ensemble I highly recommend sporting some yellow gold Vita Fede pieces for an ultra-chic look. If wearing all black is not your thing you can also pull off this look with Black & Yellow jewelry paired with more colorful tones or neutrals. These Charles Albert yellow gold pieces featuring black Obsidian, Orthoceras and Trilobite Fossil would look fantastic! A thick cuff yellow gold bracelet will do wonders for any outfit.
Have you been pairing black and gold? Tell us your favorite way to sport this look.
These Winter days are getting colder and colder which means I’m adding more and more layers to my outfits and covering up as much as possible to stay warm. Although layering can be a fun and cute look, it is cutting into my room to accessorize. I normally love wearing a lot of bangles but with thick long sleeves keeping me warm the bangles are not standing out like they normally do. So my favorite type of accessory in the colder months is a great long necklace.
If you’re wearing a turtleneck or high-cut blouse a beautiful V-shaped necklace will add a little oomph to your outfit. I love the look of V-shaped necklaces, they remind me of flapper girls whom always looked so glamorous. The shape of these necklaces also create a sexy look which is sometimes hard to pull off in the Winter months.
One of the most popular times of the year for marriage proposals is during the Winter so I felt it was fitting to write about the most popular engagement rings trends. Here are my top 5 engagement ring trends that have stood out in 2012 and will carry on to be huge in 2013.
1. Rose Gold: What better way to express the romance you feel for one another with the most romantic metals…rose gold (also known as pink gold). The soft hue of rose gold is stunning and is hugely popular right now. We’ve seen a dramatic spike in brides-to-be requesting rose gold engagement ring and wedding bands. Blake Lively and Leann Rimes are both sporting stunning rose gold rings.
2. Vintage design: For those looking for something a little different yet classic the perfect option is a vintage-inspired art deco piece with intricate details on the band. We love delicate details on the black diamond ring below.
3. Colored Diamonds: White diamonds will always remain the number one choice for engagement rings but more and more brides are falling in love with colored diamonds. Some of the most popular colored diamonds are pink, blue, black and chocolate.
4. Yellow Gold was widely popular in the 80’s and early 90’s but white gold & platinum quickly took over. We’re happy to see it’s making a fabulous comeback. Celebs such as Miley Cyrus and Halle Berry opted for this classic metal. There’s been a huge rise in popularity of yellow gold jewelry such as cuff bracelets, watches and earrings so it’s only normal brides-to-be want their engagement ring to match some of their favorite jewelry pieces.
5. Gemstones: Diamonds are not every girl’s best friends. Many women prefer colorful gemstones instead of diamonds and it’s becoming more and more common to see. Celebs like Jessica Simpson and Penelope Cruz opted for a splash of color on their finger with a ruby and sapphire.
Shine bright like a diamond…not sure if Rihanna was talking about Moissanite when she wrote that song but this stunning stone definitely shines just as bright as a diamond. Often mistaken as diamonds, Moissanite is a near-colorless gemstone that we’re excited to introduce at Ice.
Diamonds, as we all know, are very pricey but so beautiful we can’t help but want them. But I have to say, a girl’s new BFF should be Moissanites. The resemblance in the stones is uncanny. Even jewelers have a hard time distinguishing between the two. Moissanites are proven to be harder than some of the most popular gemstones including ruby, sapphire, emerald and second only to diamond. They are insanely sparkly, I dare say Moissanites may be more sparkly. Don’t attack me, it’s true. I had the pleasure of trying on a few of the pieces and they are GORGEOUS! I highly recommend Moisannites as an alternative to diamonds. Less expensive and can’t even tell the difference.
One of the latest jewelry trends that I love love love is spikes! I’ve always been attracted to the edgy look of spikes but they were often found in biker-like looks that weren’t very feminine. I’m ecstatic that jewelry designers have brought this rocker look to us with a much more polished take.
Celeb Jewelry Designer Vita Fede is one of my faves when it comes to spike jewelry. Their designs, made in Italy, come in sterling silver, rose gold & yellow gold. You can choose from spiked rings, earrings or bracelets or pair them up for an extra fierce look.
Vita Fede’s spike jewelry is available with (or without) sparkly Swarovski crystals for an extra bang. So gorgeous! Celebs have been seen everywhere from elegant red carpets to street style rocking their spike jewelry.
What do you think of the spike jewelry trend? Would you rock this look?
Guys are known for procrastinating, especially when it comes to buying gifts. So we’re here to make it easier for you and tell you what the most wished for jewelry pieces from our customers are. Let’s get started!
1. The classic whites: Women of all ages need at least the essentials in their jewelry collection. That is, diamond studs, diamond tennis bracelets, pearl necklaces and of course a stunning diamond ring. Select one of these and you will not disappoint.
2. Personalized: For the gal with all the essentials and looking for something to bring out her personality try a piece of jewelry with her birthstone. Consult our birthstone chart to find out which one is right for you. Other great gift ideas is an initial necklace, name necklace or customize a Persona Charm Bracelet for her.
3. Girly Girl: One of the hottest gemstones this year is Morganite. It’s a pretty peachy pink gemstone that looks incredible paired with rose gold. Our Facebook fans all agree that this is the must-have gem this year.
4. Timeless Beauty: Watches have made a huge comeback recently and the latest is trend is known as the boyfriend watch. These are large faced watches that look like men’s watches but are still dainty and pretty for women. Michael Kors is the king of this look. We also carry fab styles from Fossil, Guess and many more designer watches.
5. Say it with Your Heart: Whether you’re interesting in giving a necklace, ring, earrings or bracelet, the number one style is always in the shape of a heart. Heart jewelry puts a smile to every women’s face, young or old, it never gets boring.
I’m thrilled to announce the launch of new designer watches at Ice! You’ll notice over 500 new watches now available by designers such as Michael Kors, Gucci, Fossil, Guess, Movado and many many more.
A watch is a piece of jewelry that everyone needs to have and makes a great gift for anyone on your list. With the holidays just around the corner I highly recommend giving a watch and maybe get one for yourself too. ;) There are so many men’s and women’s styles available whether their style is classy, sporty or more trendy.
Hot watch trends this year are big chunky metal watches for women. Metal watches are not just in silver anymore. Pink (Rose Gold) colored watches are huge right now as well as bronze, gold and blue metals. Tortoise shell is also very hot right now in watches and Michael Kors (pictured right) does it right.
Explore all new designer watches at Ice for both men and women. Plus almost all styles are now on sale up to 60% off!
Just as the weather starts to cool down in many areas we are already missing the beach and long Summer days. A new jewelry collection at Ice will allow you to keep the sunny memories alive all year long. Jewelry designer Catherine Weitzman is now available at Ice and we couldn’t be more excited.
Each piece of jewelry in the Catherine Weitzman Collection is handmade and has a nature inspired theme. You can find starfish, branches and leafs in some of her jewelry. I love the beauty of the detailed starfish pendants and earrings. One of my favorites are the glass vial necklaces filled with turquoise and lapis chips. It’s a fun way to add a splash of color to your outfit.
Catherine Weitzman’s designs have been seen in Vogue, In Style and Elle magazines and have been worn by fashion-forward celebs such as Rachel Bilson.
Allow me to introduce to you an amazing jewelry designer, Rachel Reinhardt. Learning from her mother, Rachel has been approaching the world of fashion with a fresh eye. Rachel’s jewelry pieces are bold statement pieces yet they have such a classic feel to them that makes them perfect to wear daily.
The handmade in USA collection is filled with yellow gold and contrasting gunmetal and silver. These fierce metals are mixed with a variety of earth-toned stones such as pyrite, labradorite and onyx. These retro-inspired pieces come in very on-trend designs such as collar and bib necklaces as well as fringe pieces. I love the movement of wearing these pieces. They give a dramatic look without being uncomfortable.
Rachel Reinhardt’s designs have been seen in Glamour and In Style magazines and are now officially available at Ice.