Rings have always been one of our favorite jewelry categories. From engagement rings to cocktail rings to dainty right hand rings, we love them all! But I do want to remind you about the sometimes forgotten pinky finger. Rings are most commonly adorned on the “ring finger”, your middle finger or your thumb. I think it’s time you give some love to your little pinky.
We’ve seen our favorite fashionable stars like Sarah Jessica Parker and Jennifer Lopez in huge cocktail rings on their pinkies. Depending on your personal style or your outfit you can pretty much pull off any kind of ring on your pinky. We love chunky rings especially with large gemstones like this Purple Amethyst ring for a night out (pictured below). Delicate simple bands are great for everyday. I stacked a couple of bands for an extra boost of color you can see in the pic above.
We have lots of rings now available in smaller ring sizes such as 4 and 5 to fit your pinky. Check out our ring selection to find the right size for you. Whenever I find a fabulous ring that isn’t available in my size I don’t let that small detail effect me. I just get a smaller size for my pinky or larger for my thumb. Pinky rings will be a big trend in 2013. Will you be trying it out?
One of the biggest jewelry trends of 2013 is jewelry with “hammered” or textured metals. Nobody can deny we’re all lovers of sleek fine jewelry but it’s fun to mix it up a bit with an edgier look. The hammered look is exactly what it sounds like, the metal is delicately hammered to create grooves in the metal like you see in the yellow gold Amethyst ring pictured right. This technique adds an earthy matte feel to the jewelry that fits so nicely with Fall & Winter wardrobe.
Another organic feeling jewelry design is having the metal textured with what looks like being rubbed with sandpaper like in this Rose Quartz Ring below. The Valencia Collection has a wide variety of colorful gemstone earrings, bracelets & necklaces all set in this style of textured gold metal.
What do you think of hammered or textured jewelry? Would you wear it or you prefer traditional sleek and shiny jewelry?
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. You’ve probably noticed store aisles of stuffed animals, chocolates & flowers but we all know what women really want… jewelry. There are so many different options to choose from for jewelry gifts. Men normally tend to stick with the traditional heart shaped red gemstone pieces….which are cute and we’d be happy to receive any of them. But this year, we’d love to receive any of these non-traditional Valentine’s Day gifts that still feel romantic without over-doing the typical Valentine’s Day themes.
1. Watches: Big watches are very in right now, also known as “boyfriend watches”. The style is to have a large face on the watch with a bulky metal band. Yellow & Rose Gold are hot watch colors right now so definitely consider this as an option. If you’re not sure if she likes colored gold, you could always opt for this white Michael Kors watch.
2. Studs: This is a great gift idea! Any woman would be thrilled to receive a pair of sparkly diamond studs or colorful gemstone studs. Simple with a big impact!
3. Statement Bracelet: Girls love receiving large jewelry pieces from their man. I highly recommend a stylish designer bracelet like this Vita Fede one (pictured below). I am a big rose gold fan and it makes a nice tie in with the romance of Valentine’s Day but with a modern, more stylish turn with this chain-link design.
4. Heart Ring: Ok I had to put at least one heart shaped piece of jewelry on this list but it’s not your traditional heart. This stylish smokey quartz ring is set in a fierce looking hear shape. Love the diamonds surrounding the ring to give it some extra sparkle.
5. The Splurge gift: A fabulous diamond piece of jewelry is always the best answer. A way to say I love you without a heart piece is with a beautiful infinity symbol. How beautiful is this shiny diamond infinity necklace?
Of course, if you’re ready to take the leap, an engagement ring would also be nice.
The colorful people at Pantone have spoken and declared Emerald Green THE color for 2013. You may remember last year’s color was Tangerine Orange which provided a nice burst of color to our year but I have to say I’m thrilled about Emerald being chosen this year. It’s one of my faves!
Emerald Green is a rich color that gives any outfit some elegance. Emerald gemstones have always been a big deal and recently celebs such as Beyonce and Kelly Osbourne have been showing off this gem more and more on the red carpet.
I love seeing vibrant green Emerald jewelry paired with neutral solid colors such as black, white, nude, gold. It makes the gemstone pop so beautifully. But it you’re feeling a little more adventurous I recommend pairing emerald with blues or purples. Think peacock colors – they all look so wonderful paired together. At all costs, try to avoid pairing it with red unless you want to look like Christmas. ; )
Check out the brand new Emerald jewelry pieces at Ice to help you get your Emerald green fix.
Will you be incorporating Emerald Green into your wardrobe or home decor this year?
It’s no secret that black is the most flattering color to drape yourself with in any season and at any event. If done right, black could be incredibly sexy, very professional or extremely dramatic. It’s so versatile but at the same time, it’s often seen as the ‘safe’ option or boring. The easiest way to spruce up your all-black look is to add yellow gold details and jewelry.
We’ve been seeing black & yellow gold paired together everywhere! It’s a HUGE trend right now but will always remain classic. Kate Hudson (pictured right) wore a gorgeous black and gold detail gown at the Golden Globes this past weekend. We’ve mentioned the comeback of yellow gold is really big right now but we think it looks it’s absolute best paired with crisp black clothing.
When wearing an all black ensemble I highly recommend sporting some yellow gold Vita Fede pieces for an ultra-chic look. If wearing all black is not your thing you can also pull off this look with Black & Yellow jewelry paired with more colorful tones or neutrals. These Charles Albert yellow gold pieces featuring black Obsidian, Orthoceras and Trilobite Fossil would look fantastic! A thick cuff yellow gold bracelet will do wonders for any outfit.
Have you been pairing black and gold? Tell us your favorite way to sport this look.
These Winter days are getting colder and colder which means I’m adding more and more layers to my outfits and covering up as much as possible to stay warm. Although layering can be a fun and cute look, it is cutting into my room to accessorize. I normally love wearing a lot of bangles but with thick long sleeves keeping me warm the bangles are not standing out like they normally do. So my favorite type of accessory in the colder months is a great long necklace.
If you’re wearing a turtleneck or high-cut blouse a beautiful V-shaped necklace will add a little oomph to your outfit. I love the look of V-shaped necklaces, they remind me of flapper girls whom always looked so glamorous. The shape of these necklaces also create a sexy look which is sometimes hard to pull off in the Winter months.
One of the most popular times of the year for marriage proposals is during the Winter so I felt it was fitting to write about the most popular engagement rings trends. Here are my top 5 engagement ring trends that have stood out in 2012 and will carry on to be huge in 2013.
1. Rose Gold: What better way to express the romance you feel for one another with the most romantic metals…rose gold (also known as pink gold). The soft hue of rose gold is stunning and is hugely popular right now. We’ve seen a dramatic spike in brides-to-be requesting rose gold engagement ring and wedding bands. Blake Lively and Leann Rimes are both sporting stunning rose gold rings.
2. Vintage design: For those looking for something a little different yet classic the perfect option is a vintage-inspired art deco piece with intricate details on the band. We love delicate details on the black diamond ring below.
3. Colored Diamonds: White diamonds will always remain the number one choice for engagement rings but more and more brides are falling in love with colored diamonds. Some of the most popular colored diamonds are pink, blue, black and chocolate.
4. Yellow Gold was widely popular in the 80’s and early 90’s but white gold & platinum quickly took over. We’re happy to see it’s making a fabulous comeback. Celebs such as Miley Cyrus and Halle Berry opted for this classic metal. There’s been a huge rise in popularity of yellow gold jewelry such as cuff bracelets, watches and earrings so it’s only normal brides-to-be want their engagement ring to match some of their favorite jewelry pieces.
5. Gemstones: Diamonds are not every girl’s best friends. Many women prefer colorful gemstones instead of diamonds and it’s becoming more and more common to see. Celebs like Jessica Simpson and Penelope Cruz opted for a splash of color on their finger with a ruby and sapphire.
Shine bright like a diamond…not sure if Rihanna was talking about Moissanite when she wrote that song but this stunning stone definitely shines just as bright as a diamond. Often mistaken as diamonds, Moissanite is a near-colorless gemstone that we’re excited to introduce at Ice.
Diamonds, as we all know, are very pricey but so beautiful we can’t help but want them. But I have to say, a girl’s new BFF should be Moissanites. The resemblance in the stones is uncanny. Even jewelers have a hard time distinguishing between the two. Moissanites are proven to be harder than some of the most popular gemstones including ruby, sapphire, emerald and second only to diamond. They are insanely sparkly, I dare say Moissanites may be more sparkly. Don’t attack me, it’s true. I had the pleasure of trying on a few of the pieces and they are GORGEOUS! I highly recommend Moisannites as an alternative to diamonds. Less expensive and can’t even tell the difference.
One of the latest jewelry trends that I love love love is spikes! I’ve always been attracted to the edgy look of spikes but they were often found in biker-like looks that weren’t very feminine. I’m ecstatic that jewelry designers have brought this rocker look to us with a much more polished take.
Celeb Jewelry Designer Vita Fede is one of my faves when it comes to spike jewelry. Their designs, made in Italy, come in sterling silver, rose gold & yellow gold. You can choose from spiked rings, earrings or bracelets or pair them up for an extra fierce look.
Vita Fede’s spike jewelry is available with (or without) sparkly Swarovski crystals for an extra bang. So gorgeous! Celebs have been seen everywhere from elegant red carpets to street style rocking their spike jewelry.
What do you think of the spike jewelry trend? Would you rock this look?
Guys are known for procrastinating, especially when it comes to buying gifts. So we’re here to make it easier for you and tell you what the most wished for jewelry pieces from our customers are. Let’s get started!
1. The classic whites: Women of all ages need at least the essentials in their jewelry collection. That is, diamond studs, diamond tennis bracelets, pearl necklaces and of course a stunning diamond ring. Select one of these and you will not disappoint.
2. Personalized: For the gal with all the essentials and looking for something to bring out her personality try a piece of jewelry with her birthstone. Consult our birthstone chart to find out which one is right for you. Other great gift ideas is an initial necklace, name necklace or customize a Persona Charm Bracelet for her.
3. Girly Girl: One of the hottest gemstones this year is Morganite. It’s a pretty peachy pink gemstone that looks incredible paired with rose gold. Our Facebook fans all agree that this is the must-have gem this year.
4. Timeless Beauty: Watches have made a huge comeback recently and the latest is trend is known as the boyfriend watch. These are large faced watches that look like men’s watches but are still dainty and pretty for women. Michael Kors is the king of this look. We also carry fab styles from Fossil, Guess and many more designer watches.
5. Say it with Your Heart: Whether you’re interesting in giving a necklace, ring, earrings or bracelet, the number one style is always in the shape of a heart. Heart jewelry puts a smile to every women’s face, young or old, it never gets boring.