Yeah! March babies, and those who love them, rejoice!
Use Promo Code March10 to get 10% off ALL aquamarine jewelry.
Hello and Happy Birthday, March Babies!
Welcome to the Wonderful World of Aquamarine!
Here are five FUN facts about the gemstone, Aquamarine.
1. How Big? The largest aquamarine stone was found in Brazil. It was 243 lbs and yielded over 200,000 carats!
2. Can you see me now? In Germany, a long time ago, thin slivers of aquamarine were mounted on frames and used as eyeglasses.
3. Ship Ahoy! Folklore tells us that sailors used to wear aquamarine stones to prevent sea sickness and to keep them safe at sea.
4. Perfection? Aquamarine is unique, in that it never has inclusions! It’s transparent, too!
5. You have what? ICE.com has a great selection of Aquamarine jewelry for every budget! Yes, even you!
You Tell Me: Would you like to have your birthstone (or any other colored stone) integrated into your engagement/wedding ring?
Be Beautiful ~ Tara
Free overnight shipping on us! That’s right! It’s not too late! We can save you from the dog house! SHOP NOW!
Don’t know what to get? Hit me up on chat tonight and I’ll help you pick out the PERFECT gift! Is your Valentine ‘Wild’ or ‘Mild’? Are they the life of the party? Bold in style and life? Or are they more traditional? Low key and classic? Either way, we have something to rock their world!
We have something for every budget. Really, we do! We even have an option available to make payments.
Hurry and take advantage of the free overnight shipping, because it ends tomorrow at 10:00am CST
Be Beautiful ~ Tara
Happy Valentine’s Day!
How do you feel about the pending holiday? Do you get all warm and mushy, knowing you will celebrate with your honey? Are you hopeful…that you will meet that special someone soon? Do you wish you could shoot cupid with his own bow?
No matter what your situation is, or how you view this upcoming holiday, you can take advantage of a great sale we have going on! Up to 75% off of some of our most ‘Loved’ jewelry! The prices are pretty great, you should buy two!
Listen, even if you are bah humbug about the day, for whatever reason, get yourself something! Really! At least you will get it right! Nothing puts that pep back in your step, like some new bling!
Would you be our Valentine?
Tell us about your ideas for Valentines Day! Do you think it’s a Hallmark Holiday or are you a romantic at heart?
Be Beautiful ~ Tara
Hello and Happy Birthday, January Babies!
Welcome to the Wonderful World of Garnet!
Here are five FUN facts about the gemstone, Garnet.
1. Garnet Bullets? A long, long time ago, it is said that Garnet Bullets were used at war. It was believed that because of the fierce red color, the bullets were deadlier. Yikes!
2. It’s Darius Rucker’s favorite color! Singer Darius Rucker (formerly of Hootie and the Blowfish), proclaimed to all of Twitter that Garnet was the one for him!
3. The Dutchess of Cambridge is a Garnet Girl! That’s right, Kate Middleton’s birthstone is Garnet. Her husband, Prince William, gave her a ring that had Garnet and Pearl in it. His birthstone is Pearl. Awwww!
4. 50 carats! At the Emmy Awards this year, actress Christina Hendricks (Mad Men) sported a 50 carat Garnet ring. There were some diamonds in there, too, but 50 carats! That’s like a real live Ring Pop!
5. You have what? ICE.com has a great selection of Garnet jewelry for every budget! Yes, even you!
We are excited to start the New Year off with such a beautiful, rich stone! Be sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook. We have some great garnet gifts and sales to share with you and you don’t want to miss any of it!
You Tell Me: What is your birthstone, and do you like it? Do you prefer another month (besides April/Diamonds!) over yours?
Be Beautiful ~ Tara
This week on Sparkle like the Stars Rahulio tackles the bad behavior of Charlie Sheen, and tries to lure Denise Richards out of the relationship by reminding her how fabulous she used to look. He also finds he’s nostalgic for the pre-baby days of Britany Spears.
All this and more on the celebrity gossip and fashion blog, Sparkle Like the Stars.
Turkey day is approaching, which means it’s time to consider what you’re wearing to one of the biggest meals of the year. Selecting the perfect piece of jewelry and outfit can sometimes seem a bit daunting, but this year there are a few trends that will easily complement your fall wardrobe. Continue reading
Everywhere you look in the month of November you are likely to be surrounded by colorful leafs falling to the ground. The yellow, orange and reds covering the ground give me a warm feeling. November’s birthstone Citrine does a marvelous job at capturing that warm Fall feeling. Here’s a few things you might not have known about November’s birthstone.
Yellow Quartz: Citrine is a yellow Quartz ranging in color from a pale-yellow to brown. Lovers of canary diamonds might find a new love in Citrine since they are similar in color.
Optimism: If you’re feeling down or uninspired apparently you should put on some Citrine. It is believed this gemstone promotes creativity, helps with your personal clarity and also eliminate self-destructive tendencies. I’ll keep this in mind next time I’m in need of a little motivation.
Protection: In ancient times, Citrine was worn to protect against the plague, snake venom and evil thoughts. Yikes! Glad those are the least of our problems these days. ; )
Lucky 13: If you’re looking for an anniversary gift after thirteen years of marriage, Citrine is the official gemstone for this celebration. I’m sure all the wives out there would not complain by receiving any jewelry after so many years of marriage. Even if you aren’t celebrating 13 years of marriage, the number 13 has always taken the roll of being a bad luck number. Citrine is here to turn that around. Wear citrine jewelry to ward off the bad luck and bring on the good. It’s warm and radiant color emits positive energy for the wearer and everyone around wearer.
Alternative Birthstones: Citrine is often confused with yellow and gold topaz (an alternative November birthstone) as they look very similar, but don’t be fooled, the Topaz alternative is much more expensive than Citrine. This reason why Citrine is more commonly known as November’s primary birthstone, and not topaz, is because topaz comes in a variety of colors besides yellow and Blue Topaz is December’s birthstone.
Do you like the look of Citrine? All month long you can save on these Citrine jewelry pieces. View our entire collection of Citrine jewelry.
Let us know what you think about Citrine jewelry and share your photos of your favorite Citrine pieces.
Thanks for reading and have an Ice day!
Arguably on par with the diamond, pearls are the most enduring and timeless gemstone you can own. Throughout various mythologies, pearls are nearly always symbolic of wisdom, women, water and the moon, but they’re a symbol of class, power and sophistication. With that in mind, it’s no wonder they’re worn throughout history by female heads of state and celebrities alike. I thought I’d share some fun facts about pearls, how to clean them, and why they are one of the most unique gemstones.
1. The oldest known pearl jewelry was found in the sarcophagus of a Persian princess who died in 520 BC. It’s currently on display at the Louvre in Paris and is believed to have magical properties!
2. Pearls are extremely unique because they’re the only gemstone made from living creatures turned into beautiful organic matter. As most of you already know, pearls are made mainly from oysters through a process that works as a natural defense mechanism for the sea creatures.
3. Pearls are known for their creamy white colors, but can also be found in gold, purple, black and more.
4. The famous La Peregrina pearl was smuggled out of Spain to Napoleon and later purchased at an auction by Richard Burton who gave it to Elizabeth Taylor as an anniversary present, which can be seen here
5. Not only is Margarita a sensational cocktail but the name Margarita actually means pearl.
Ok, fine, that last fun fact is not exactly insightful or related to history, but I’m sure plenty of powerful women have enjoyed a good margarita.
It’s important to clean and maintain your pearls so they look as “pearly white” as possible. Pearls should always be worn last to avoid getting makeup and hairspray on them. Pearls are different than all other gemstones since they come from the sea so don’t ever wash them with harsh chemicals. Instead try using a soft, microfiber cloth with warm water and a small amount of mild soap.
Another small trick for pearls that most people don’t know is that the natural oils on your skin are good for them and will help them maintain their luster. But don’t confuse skin oils with sweat! Sweat is naturally acidic and is not good for pearls. No running or playing sports with your pearls, no matter how good you look in them.
Pearls are a wonderful gemstone and can be worn in many occasions whether you’re cooking a meal for your loved one, getting ready for a night on the town or stepping into an important job interview. Check out our selection of pearl jewelry at Ice.com to find the perfect fit for your day and/or night adventure.
As always, comment below with your questions or share with us some pictures and stories about your beautiful pearl jewelry.
Have an Ice day!
Halloween’s right around the corner! Have you gotten your costume or outfit ready for a spooktacular weekend? At Ice.com, we’ve all been talking about our costumes and what we are doing this year to celebrate a good time. If you haven’t had time to get a costume ready or are still confused, we will help with some easy costume ideas. If you are going to a dressy, sleek party, we have some great Halloween style jewelry to pair with a dark and mysterious dress.
So you must be curious what the Ice.com team is dressing up as for Halloween right?
Some of us are trick-or-treating, others are going to costume parties and some plan to stay in their costume all weekend! It’s going to be an exciting weekend of scares and spooks. If you’re having trouble deciding on a costume, fear not, we have you covered. Try out one of these three easy costume ideas. If they don’t work out hopefully they can help stem an idea.
1. Zombies (best done in groups): just get some old clothes, rip em up and get em dirty. Add some smears of fake blood wherever you see fit. To top it all off practice walking with a little limp or drag one of your legs behind you and grunt a lot. You can also say “brrraaaaains” as many times as you like.
2. Greek God/Goddess: This is one step up from a toga. Grab yourself a white sheet and create a custom toga however you like. Tie a gold belt around your waist and find some fake wire leaves to wrap around your arms and head. Adorn with gold snake jewelry for added effect.
3. Waldo: Get a red and white striped shirt, blue jeans, red beany and big circular black glasses. The point of this costume is to photo bomb everyone and to lose your friends throughout the night so they have to find you.
4. Fortune Teller: All you need is a cheap muumuu (Savers/Goodwill), a scarf or turban, sandals, makeup and some bling. You can make a crystal ball using a goldfish bowl and glue a bunch of glitter to the inside. The best part is you get to predict everyone’s future and fortune all night.
5. Miss America (for the ladies…or brave men): Choose an old prom or flashy dress, get a sash and crown and sprinkle glitter all over the sash. Don’t forget about your parade wave, it seals the deal.
Now, if you are one who likes to get all dressed up in a mysterious and dark dress (maybe some black lipstick and eye liner) for Halloween, we have some great jewelry pieces to help bring out the spooky, yet sexy look.
1. We especially like black/black & white themed jewelry for Halloween so check out this black diamond spider pendant. Stylish and spooky.
2. Next we have a black and white diamond figure eight pattern silver ring. This super-sized cocktail ring pairs perfectly with the spider pendant and adds a spooky sparkle to your finger. Pair it with some dark black nail polish for the perfect effect.
3. Make sure your eyes stand out with these all black stainless steel dangle earrings. The intricate design adds a bit of mystery to your midnight outfit.
4. Last, but not least, we have a black and white diamond snake bangle bracelet. We know an outfit is great with spiders, but it’s even better with snakes and spiders.
We will be having a great time this Halloween weekend at Ice.com. It will be full of creepy costumes, spooky parties and trick or treating until the wolves are howling. We want you to have a great weekend too so remember to be safe and most importantly, have fun! We’d love it if you sent us pictures of your costumes and we will be sure to do the same.
Tell us about your costume, what you’ll be doing this weekend or the jewelry you’ll be wearing. We like to hear it all. As always, thanks for reading and have a spooktacular Halloween weekend!