We’re all familiar with the most famous sapphire engagement ring now owned to the Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton. But actress Elizabeth Hurley is giving Kate a run for her money with her new engagement ring. The 46 year old beauty announced her engagement to Australian cricket star Shane Warne the other day.
The bride-to-be was seen in St. Andrews, Scotland flashing a huge sapphire and diamond ring where Warne supposedly proposed. We caught a glimpse of the ring in PopSugar and couldn’t help but make the comparisons to Kate’s ring but Hurley’s ring is much more modern. The ring has a platinum setting with a ginormous 9-carat center blue sapphire accompanied by a 2-carat trillion cut diamond on each side. It’s quite stunning. Sapphire also happens to be Warne’s birthstone.
So excited to share the launch of one of our new designer collections – Lois Hill. If you appreciate the workmanship of fine jewelry you will adore Lois Hill’s designs. Her line of hand-crafted, sterling silver jewelry shows off the designer’s signature techniques such as filigree designs, hand carvings and weaving.
World traveler Lois Hill has been practicing yoga for over 20 years and draws much of her inspiration for jewelry designs from this practice. One of her collections titled Jivasukha means “joyful soul” in Sanskrit. Several words and mantras from this language helped shape Lois’ life are used within her jewelry.
The Jivasukha Collection includes bracelets, necklaces and earrings. Many symbols such as hearts, peace signs and crosses are featured in this collection as well as these spiritual symbols:
– Lotus Flower represents perseverance and grows in mud far away from the sun but when it reaches the light it becomes one of the most beautiful flowers.
– Om symbol which represents harmony, bliss and peace.
– Hamsa is known as a symbol of protection and good luck.
For sure you’ve been seeing this trend everywhere – color-blocking! The stars are all showing up on the red carpet in multi-colored outfits. Nail’s have also been hit with this trend and of course Ice has picked up on this look with our jewelry.
What is color-blocking? Basically pairing 2-3 blocks of colors in an outfit, it could be in a blouse, pants, dress, skirts, shoes, etc. Many of us want to try this look but just not sure exactly how to pull it off. Here’s a few tips on how to perfect the color-blocking look.
1. Stick with two colors. You have a few different options on how to choose the right 2 colors. For the daring individual that isn’t shy to stand out I would recommend going with two contrasting colors. Opposites attract after all. Bold primary colors look great with this look. For a more subdued look pair like-colors such as purple/blue or pink/red to compliment each other. But test it for yourself and try on different colors to see how they look together. Also don’t forget to choose colors that flatter your skin-tone. (You can stretch it to 3-4 colors but not more than that)
2. No prints. The colors you use need to be solid colors without any prints or designs to be a true color-blocking look. The clothing pieces are generally simple with clean cuts. The vibrant colors of the clothing is what gets the attention so no need for additional bells and whistles.
3. Pair with nudes or black. Since you’re wearing different colors, the best pairing for shoes and purses would be in a nude color. Nude shoes are on of the hottest shoe trends right now so pick up a pair and these will be a perfect addition to you’re color-blocking look. If nude is not your thing, you can’t go wrong with black.
4. Don’t want to color block your clothes? – try it in your jewelry. Color-blocking is an attention-grabbing look that isn’t right for everyone but if you want to still incorporate this trend to your wardrobe try some of these jewelry looks. There’s a wide variety of colorful gemstones but I love the way purple amethyst looks for color-blocking
It was only four months ago we announced model/actress Molly Sims was engaged and now she’s married! This past weekend the blond beauty married movie producer Scott Stuber in Napa Valley. After seeing her wedding photos in PopSugar I was pleasantly surprised by how simple yet romantic Molly’s wedding day look was.
We’re often used to seeing celebs going over-the-top with their wedding dresses in huge princess-like dresses, showing off lots of skin and pounds of makeup. Molly Sims looked simply breath-taking in an elegant lace Marchesa that hugged her supermodel figure. Her hair was up in a high chignon that allowed her diamond earrings to get some attention. The most attention grabbing jewelry was of course her cushion-cut diamond engagement ring.
The couple looked really happy and cute — giggling and kissing before saying their official I do’s. Celeb guests Fergie, Josh Duhamel and Vince Vaughn attended the wedding. I love that Sims chose a red velvet wedding cake. Yummy!
Sims will be hosting a Project Runway spin-off show called Project Accessories which will be on the search to discover the next big jewelry designer. Can’t wait to see a show all about jewelry!
There’s always a party, movie premiere, fundraising event that you can catch the hottest celebrities at any night of the week. A few sparkly celeb sightings this week caught my eye that I wanted to share with you lovelies.
First up is Jenny from the block wearing a handful of sparkly diamond rings at Pure Nightclub in Las Vegas this past weekend. I’ll all for big statement pieces and loved that she paired it with silver nail polish. My co-worker Elissa has been sporting silver polish lately and it’s fabulous! What do you think of Jennifer Lopez’s look – do you think 4 large rings worn at the same time is too much?
The Big Bang Theory star Kaley Cuoco was also seen in Vegas this weekend sporting a simple initial necklace. This caught our eye not only because the initial is covered in diamonds but because we’ve been seeing another “K” girl sporting a very similar necklace. Katie Holmes has been seen over a dozen times wearing this initial necklace but with the “S” initial for her daughter Suri as we covered in a previous post.
Rachel Evan Wood always looks edgy and dramatic but remains classy. We adore that she loves black diamonds just as much as us. She’s often seen on the red carpet showing off her black diamond studs with her cropped hair cut. At the LA premiere of the George Clooney/ Ryan Gosling’s new movie The Ides of March Rachel went with a black and white look. She layered multiple necklaces with more black diamonds and white pearls. Love this style and they look a lot like this long black diamond necklaces and a long pearl & agate necklace from Ice. These both can be layered to create a similar look to Rachel’s.
Those were my favorite celeb jewelry looks this week. Did any stars catch your eye this week?
Wearing jewelry is a way to show your personality to the world. Some jewelry is simply pretty and part of a fashion trend but some allow you to tell a story or share a memory. These are the jewelry pieces that you will cherish forever. I’m excited to introduce to you the Persona Charms Collection at Ice. These charm bracelets and necklaces allow you to express and create a unique piece of jewelry that’s perfect for you.
Design Your Own Persona
With just a few clicks you can create your own charm bracelet or necklace customized to how you want it. Just go over to Ice.com and click “Design Your Own” in the Persona Charms Collection section. I had fun creating my first Persona bracelet. All you have to do is choose the chain you want and then pick your favorite charms and beads to bring life into the bracelet. There’s a wide array of crystal, glass, gemstone, gold and silver charms and beads to choose from.
Take a look at what I created.
Don’t feel like creating your own charm bracelet but still love the look of them? We got you covered with starter bracelets. We put together some of our most popular charms and beads in pre-designed bracelets for you. They come in different color palettes like pink, gold, blue and green.
You can’t flip through a magazine or walk in a store without seeing animal print. It’s always been in style but this Fall it is HUGE! Let’s be honest, most people have a love it or hate it feeling about this look. The ones that hate it usually think it’s tacky – which it can be if not done right, but I want to give you some pointers on how to pull off this look in a stylish and classy way.
1. Less is more: Choose one item of your outfit to be animal print. When you start adding more than one piece to the mix it starts to rise on the tacky-meter.
2. Don’t mix different animal print. Nobody wants to see you wear leopard, snakeskin and zebra print all in one look. Might as well just tattoo the word tacky on your forehead.
3. Wear ‘real’ animal print colors. When was the last time you saw a hot pink cheetah running around? Or a neon yellow tiger? Stay away from this Snooki-esque fashion disaster and stick with wearing natural colors found on your favorite animals. The only animal print that you might go a little color crazy with is snakeskin. Snakes come in an infinite amount of colors so that is my only exception like with these snakeskin bangles in green and orangy/brown.
4. Pair it with Black or Neutrals. Animal print always looks it’s best paired with an all black outfit. If you’re not an all-black kind of gal then mix colors in the palette of the print you’re wearing.
5. Accessorize in print. If you’re not feeling wild enough to wear a piece of clothing in animal print the easiest way is through your accessories. A good start is with a scarf or if you’re feeling a tad more daring opt for a sexy pump with your favorite animal print. A fun twist is to add prints to your jewelry collection – check out Ice’s animal print jewelry. This Cheetah print cuff bracelet (pictured right) is my preferred print choice.
How do you wear your animal print? Tell us in the comments below.
Thank you to everyone who helped us reach over 200,000 Facebook fans this week! We’re thrilled to have so many amazing people on our Ice Facebook page leaving us comments, photos of their jewelry and interacting with us. We know many of you were frustrated with the changes Facebook made this week but thankfully you found your way back to our page. What do you think of the new FB changes?
Fan of the Week
As I mentioned in a previous post, you could be chosen as our Facebook Fan of the Week just by posting on our wall. This week our Fan of the Week is Tonya Crain! Tonya posted not 1, not 2 but 3 photos on our Facebook page this week of all the Ice jewelry she recently received. She ordered the matching multi-gemstone earrings and pendant along with vibrant blue diamond and topaz ring.
Most Liked Product
Our Facebook fans heart’s are melting over this stunning blue sapphire & diamond heart ring. (pictured right) It was the most liked product over the last week with tons of fans forwarded the pic to their significant others as hints for upcoming gifts. No need to be subtle about what you want, go ahead and share these great jewelry finds.
Ladies of Ice
Yesterday some of the ladies who work at Ice, including myself received our new orders of jewelry from the SNO of Sweden collection. You should have seen the swarm of women running over to our desks to see what we got. It’s very clear…we’re all obsessed with this new collection. I personally got the Gray Glass Bead Bracelet which is super sparkly and perfect for a night out or in my case I’m going to wear it even with a t-shirt and jeans because I love it that much. I got another sparkly piece, the black glass bead bracelet which will go with anything and best of all you can layer it with other bracelets. Can you tell I like sparkly jewelry?
What’s great about the SNO of Sweden collection is there is something for everyone. One of my co-workers Elissa who has a very classic jewelry style got the seashell pearl bracelet and said “it’s very classic with an edge”. Tammy who is usually a minimalist in the jewelry department went with a long seashell pearl necklace that can also be worn shorter by doubling it. She didn’t waste any time and put it on right away.
I’m also showing off my morganite & diamond rose gold ring in the pic which I cannot stop staring at! (Not part of the SNO of Sweden collection but I still wanted to mention it since I love it)
As part of the recent Ice makeover, we’ve refreshed our approach to our product videos. We changed up the vibe of our new videos by pumping up the energy level and including improved product views of the jewelry… but the most exciting detail of our latest videos is the music! We’re featuring talented up-and-coming musicians in our videos and bringing their sounds to the Ice community.
We’re plugged in to the music scene to bring you emerging and critically-acclaimed artists before they steal the spotlight. To kick off our new videos, we’re featuring four amazingly talented acts in our newest videos:
Celleste: With her debut CD “Ready To Fly”, this singer/songwriter rocks beautiful melodies, elaborate instrumentation, catchy songs, and of course her unmistakable vocal prowess. Visit Celleste’s Website.
Sheli Stevens: “Bold”, “sensual”, “honest”, and “moving” are just some of the words which have been used to describe Sheli’s voice. With flavors of pop, folk, and rock, woven together into crafty pop gems. Listen to Sheli here.
Jason Karaban is an LA-based singer-songwriter who’s collaborated with the likes of Ani DiFranco and David Immergluck (Counting Crows).. This multi-talented musician plays guitar, bass, keyboards, piano, drums and did I mention he sings? Now that’s impressive! Check him out for yourself.
Frank Brown and Buzz Zeemer: This power pop rock band from Philadelphia is led by vocalist Frank Brown – a longtime fixture on the Philly music scene. See why we’re buzzing about this band – Listen here.
Yesterday we highlighted some of our favorite jewelry from the Emmy Awards. Some of you asked where you could get similar looks so we’re happy to help. We couldn’t help but notice these pieces of jewelry closely resembled some at Ice which we highlighted in the images below. Who doesn’t want to have red carpet worthy looks…at a fraction of the cost?
One of the most attractive couples of the evening was Heidi Klum and her husband Seal. It’s always hard to predict what Heidi will show up wearing, her style is so diverse but she always looks incredible. Although her dress was quite the attention grabber, our eyes were drawn to the huge floral earrings and ring she wore. A much more affordable alternative if you want to achieve this look would be with our purple and white CZ earrings and matching ring from our Gallery 10 Collection.
The evening was held together by one woman….Jane Lynch. The Glee star was funny and entertaining without the crude controversial punch lines of many previous award show hosts. This is the type of host we’ve been waiting for. Normally, Jane Lynch isn’t a celeb we have our style eyes on but she was looking fab Sunday night changing into several gowns and jewelry. (She even referenced the Spanx she was wearing…hilarious!) Her red carpet look was our favorite. She wore an eggplant colored strapless gown with multi-gemstone jewelry. Her earrings were a cluster of color similar to these multi-gem silver earrings.
In our previous post we mentioned some edgy pieces of jewelry that caught our eye. Gwyneth was one of the several women who wore black diamond jewelry and paired it with a sexy Emilio Pucci dress. She wore black diamond drop earrings that were surrounded by sparkly white diamonds. They bare a striking resemblance to our 2 carat black and white diamond earrings.
Gwyneth Paltrow in black diamond earrings
Sofia Vergara was an all around winner Sunday night. She was one of the best dressed, her show Modern Family won award after award and her jewelry was to die for. She wore huge Columbian emerald earrings creating a nice contrast with her coral gown. She also accessorized with a fabulous yellow gold cuff bracelet which looks a lot like one of my favorite cuffs at Ice.