Watches aren’t just reliable timepieces – they’re an expression of your individual style that you’ll wear everyday. Women who are considering buying one should think about these five important details.
1. The Metal – If you’re looking for an everyday piece, it’s important to be comfortable with the metal you choose. Some women adore gold while others love silver, so make sure your watch reflects your preferences.
2. The Face – While some watches feature bold, easily-read numbers, others sacrifice legibility for a stylized appearance. If you’re using your watch solely as a timepiece, it’s important to choose one that can be read quickly. Those looking for a trendy accessory should feel free to purchase a piece that gets creative with its numerals.
3. The Purpose – When looking for a watch, women should think about where they will be showing it off. Those who will be sporting it at work may want to go for sleeker, toned-down pieces, while girls who are planning to paint the town red can choose ones that are unique and eye-catching.
4. The Comfort Level – As with all jewelry, a watch should be comfortable, no matter what time of day it’s being worn. Rough, scratchy or tight jewelry can ruin a girl’s day or night out. Women should make sure to stay away from metals they’re allergic to, or any other material they find uncomfortable.
5. The Overall Appearance – A watch comes in many different styles, so before browsing women should make sure they know if they’re going for a classic or trendy look. Those that want something timeless may opt for simpler, sleeker choices, while those yearning for what’s in vogue can choose appropriate colors for the season.
Finding the picture-perfect watch isn’t easy, but it’s worth it. Take the time to search high and low and you’ll wind up with a beautiful piece.